Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 05-01-2010, 06:11 PM

Default Re: Tired of the problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdre909 View Post
When u say this out-loud it sounds pretty freaking ridiculous no? It should NOT be this way!
No it doesn't.. when 1 buys a microwave, does 1 put aluminum foil in it? U hav knowledge about it & kno u can't do that with that product regardless to what type brand, price etc... there's som things u jus don't do...

'IS TAMARA HOME'
NO, SHE'S WITH
HOBO KEY
'' (that dopey green thing)

('we' must start using pronouns)
Old 05-01-2010, 06:18 PM

we can think of it as our own custom builts Macs known parts that work for PTLE. Shane had the best analogy that i've heard to date. to para-phrase what he once posted...'our rigs are seen as a TDM DSP chip' for PTLE...sorta close to what he said. there is no native code built from the ground up...as in Reaper, S1, etc. the Mac TDM code was modified to run on Windows and non-DSP usin' rigs. so if you're not up for buildin' your own TDM DSP look-alike rig then 'maybe' PTLE is not the best choice for ya like i said earlier, lotsa DAWs to choose from these days

The Basschakra Lucid Soul Trip

i7 Builds - Specs and Results

HDNative | Omni | i7-3930K OC'd 4.0GHZ |
ASUS X79 Sabertooth | 32GB GSkill DDR3 2133 ram | mo' stuff
Old 05-01-2010, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linhardt View Post
if you buy or build a system that does not work with LE it is completely your fault. That's the cold, hard truth.
Disagree. Again, if you buy software for sale in a store, it should run on a modern PC.

Don't argue with me about PC issues. I've worked in IT for 27 years, and I'm an MCSE.

FACT: This is old software that has lots of problems, and for some reson there's no response from the developers to competitionn.
Old 05-01-2010, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimst57 View Post
Disagree. Again, if you buy software for sale in a store, it should run on a modern PC.

Don't argue with me about PC issues. I've worked in IT for 27 years, and I'm an MCSE.

FACT: This is old software that has lots of problems, and for some reson there's no response from the developers to competitionn.
We'll have to agree to disagree then. I've done the same schlock with the same elementary cert for 20...which, as you know, has very little to do with building a box to run PTLE, but whatever. I'm sorry you've had a bad experience. Based on that experience you're certainly entitled to whatever opinion you may have. A few of us are simply suggesting that there are ways to diminish your rage....Reaper, Ableton, Cubase...flip a coin, and happy hunting :) Or... you could use your knowledge of installing, configuring, and troubleshooting network systems in an 03 server environment to post a Sandra and contribute in some sort of positive manner so we can get you up and running. :) :)

=========
Old 05-01-2010, 06:54 PM

Quote:
There should also be world peace and no diseases but...

Quote:
We can't argue about it as we still know nothing about your system or the problems you're having. I would have thought an MCSE would understand the importance of troubleshooting and optimizing your hardware for the job it's trying to do. But you obviously know more about computers than all of us - I'm just a musician who has a working Pro Tools system.

Chris
Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P / i7 6700K 4.1 GHz / 32GB Crucial DDR4
macOS High Sierra Version 10.13.6
Pro Tools HD 2019.6
Old 05-01-2010, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Yup.

Sheesh, guys, cut the OP a break, we've all been there with Pro Tools; Don't act like you haven't and don't pretend for a minute that Pro Tools isn't the most fickle, unstable program you've ever used (just a friendly reminder!)
Old 05-01-2010, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linhardt View Post
With all due respect, this is not the Blizzard Entertainment paladin forum. We're supposed to be here to help support, troubleshoot, and share tips concerning a DAW that most of us successfully use to put food on the table every day. I understand you don't like the product and are on a rage. Point taken. Are there some issues? Sure. There's issues with all DAW's at some point. But really, with all of the knowledge that's available on this forum alone...if you buy or build a system that does not work with LE it is completely your fault. That's the cold, hard truth. Take some ownership, man! Best of luck to you, but really...like the others are suggesting, time for you to move on. The Sunday paper special from The Buy is for web surfing and light gaming, not running a Pro Tools system. Bye.

OMG I hated the Blizzard forums. Sorry, I realize this was off topic but seeing the words Blizzard and Paladin used so close together in the same sentence brought back some old really bad memories.
Old 05-01-2010, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexLakis View Post
Yup.

Sheesh, guys, cut the OP a break, we've all been there with Pro Tools; Don't act like you haven't and don't pretend for a minute that Pro Tools isn't the most fickle, unstable program you've ever used (just a friendly reminder!)
Don't think anyone is trying to do anything quite like that. Myself, I was hoping to enter what is simply a fruitless vent post, watch KB represent, get details, and try to get a fellow DUC'er functional. Instead I have lowered myself into a deep pit of emo despair and craigslistesque hostility from which there is no escape. For my part of this wretched fiasco, I sincerely apologize. Lesson learned. Cya, hobos.

=========
Old 05-01-2010, 07:55 PM

I'm tired of it. If I only knew that I would be getting problems everyday I wouldn't have buy this thing. Avid's reluctance to immediatly fix the robotic sound issue makes my mobile studio go down the drain. Then to top it off I'm now having this issue where I would be some where near the track limit, with just around 10 plugins with just 60% CPU being used. Then all of sudden it spikes up to 100% and saying "
You are running out of CPU power. Remove some
RTAS plug-ins or increase the CPU Usage Limit in the
Playback Engine dialog.
(-9128)" and wont let me CONTINUE no matter what even though the session was just playing perfectly fine a min before with nothing new added! Only fix is to close the session or pro tools but even after that it happens again in 5min. Any one of you vents know this problem or how to fix it? If I create a thread it will be out of anger, so I'm trying my luck here...help

--

site: http://www.everythinglegit.com

Wah gwaan down deh..

System: Pro Tools LE, mbox 2, m-audio keyboard, HP DV7 laptop, Reaper 3 and alot of studios.
Old 05-01-2010, 07:59 PM

[QUOTE=cwsand;1601776 I would have thought an MCSE would understand the importance of troubleshooting and optimizing your hardware for the job it's trying to do. But you obviously know more about computers than all of us - I'm just a musician who has a working Pro Tools system. [/QUOTE]

No I don't. There are lots people that are MCSE. But I do understand what I'm doing and this software has problems. If you have a working Pro Tools system good for you. But it's wrong for them to be selling a product to the general public that doesn't work well with all but some very perfect systems .