Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2011, 09:20 PM

Default Re: Occasional headphone out problems with Mbox 3 Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesa3077boogie View Post
I need answers! this freakin mbox 3 pro is pissin me off. Only left headphone amp works and the master volume knob jumps around. no fixes in 9.0.3 , no better with latest driver update.

FIX IT AVID!
PTools updates don't deal with mBox issues. It would be an mBox Pro Control Panel update or hardware or firmware update. It only would if it were a Core Audio problem.

Then again, I'm just spouting what I've been told by other users. We're all we got : (
Old 05-31-2011, 05:32 AM

Its just a bummer because i need help recording my vocals and only one headphone amp works. So i have to record myself which takes forever, especially since im not good, at all.
Old 05-31-2011, 01:53 PM

well I would like to keep this thread alive since my $750 dollar investment is only operating at 70%.

Is there a way to contact avid about this via the forum?
Old 05-31-2011, 04:11 PM

Don't go the replacement route. We've been there. No difference.
Old 05-31-2011, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbasil View Post
Don't go the replacement route. We've been there. No difference.
What do you mean by that? Have other users got replacements and have had the same issues?
Old 06-01-2011, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesa3077boogie View Post
What do you mean by that? Have other users got replacements and have had the same issues?
The issues are mostly software, not hardware, it would seem, based on this. But since Tech Support does not see fit to respond here with hard info we'll never know. Why AVID feels they should pop into the HD/TDM subforums regularly and not here I don't understand.

I have two Metric Halo boxes, a ULN2 and a Mobile IO, neither of which cost that much more than the mBox Pro, and the amount of regular interaction between users and the three or four people who comprise that company is simply insane. I have never had any question, no matter how small, that ever went unanswered for more than a few hours, and bugs or issues are met with concise, helpful mass responses before I even knew there was a bug. Here you've got users acting as the only support there is.

How much longer can I be an apologist for Digi/AVID?
Old 06-01-2011, 07:28 AM

Wow. A guy makes a post here about handclaps being too loud on a track with a vocal and *BAM* Digi Tech Support answers a few hours later!

OK, I'm taking that as a sign... : (

AVID! We have more important problems here than the ones that are being responded to.
Old 06-01-2011, 11:26 AM

I took back one got another! and this one has the same problems. Plus the headphone volume is so low compared to the old mbox 2 pro. Anyone notice this.
Old 06-01-2011, 11:47 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbasil View Post
Wow. A guy makes a post here about handclaps being too loud on a track with a vocal and *BAM* Digi Tech Support answers a few hours later!

OK, I'm taking that as a sign... : (

AVID! We have more important problems here than the ones that are being responded to.
How can I put this - that answer was quick and easy.. I just happened to be up at 5am and came across it in the recent posts.

As for this problem - see my post #5 on the first page. I indicated we were able to reproduce it and have it logged for a fix.

Beyond that, I can't comment on when a particular issue may be fixed. I'm here to find the troublesome issues, get them logged and work as diligently as I can to get them addressed, however I do not have the ability to comment or predict when that may happen.

Now, as for 'more important things to do' - I could spend my time, like I am here, repeating myself while having nothing new to add to the conversation, or I could be viewing other posts to find problems and work on them.

Hopefully that explains why that post got a reply from me.
Old 06-02-2011, 09:01 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by donmr123 View Post
Well thanks for swinging by!

However, this makes me wonder with even greater puzzlement which items on the AVID "to fix" list would be so profoundly broken as to push this particular abomination down the "really should be dealing with this... maybe today?" list?

Dear God! this is the FLAGSHIP model in the MBox line. The long awaited PROFESSIONAL solution for a portable protools rig and....

6 months after release, the bloody thing still DOESN'T WORK!!!
It's not pushed down the list at all - there are a few related issues that we're trying to fix, along with other (unrelated) issues and we typically don't put out a release with just one fix. There was a fix for LLM in 9.0.2, but it apparently caused some fallout, so we've had to review that section of code to find out where the mistake happened.

And, as I said, we typically address several issues in a particular release and put them all out at once, which is why a fix for a particular problem can take longer than expected.