Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac)

Old 07-19-2012, 07:42 PM

Exclamation M-Powerd Pro Tools 8.0.5 on Macbook Pro Retina - Need help!

This is my first post on this site to begin . I just recently upgraded my computer to a Macbook Pro Retina and needed to transfer PT8 to it.

I installed my drivers for my M-Audio Interface and then Preceded to installing the PT8 CD on to my Mac. When I was installing PT8, it loaded 100% but at the end when the installing bar was full, it said it would take "one minute" to complete but I waited 5 and I saw in my Activity Monitor that all this data was being written when, it was going up to 6Gb when it was supposed to be 5.6Gb. So I force quitted PT8 and tried uninstalling and then reinstalling....Same problem.

I then updated the software to version 8.0.5.

I tried testing out PT8 for the first time and it opened fully and seemed to work. There were some errors though.
  • When I went to insert a plug-in, a line was crossed through some of the plug-ins. This is not supposed to be there.
  • The 1st time recording on play back, when clicking the volume in the edit window, the voulume droped to no volume and was not able to be controlled. I had to restart and when I did, it didnt do this again.

These are the first errors I experienced. I didn't bother doing much today but if I find more problems I will post.

THE QUESTION: Dose anyone know the solution to correcting these problems besides buying PT9 or PT10? Thanks and sorry if its a lot to read.