Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 03-17-2011, 11:23 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools Power User Editing - The Skunk Works Project

The Drop.io link for the mouseover editing is still not working. I finally registered on this site, rather than just lurking.

Can I get the files another way. Was crazy excited to try this out after reading most of this thread. Seems like it will actually help with my least favorite part of creating audio... editing.

Thanks for taking the time to created these tools also.
Old 03-17-2011, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scissorfight View Post
The Drop.io link for the mouseover editing is still not working. I finally registered on this site, rather than just lurking.

Can I get the files another way. Was crazy excited to try this out after reading most of this thread. Seems like it will actually help with my least favorite part of creating audio... editing.

Quote:
On October 29, 2010, Drop.io announced that the company had been purchased by Facebook and that the service would be shutting down. Sam Lessin, one of the site's founders, would be moving to Facebook.[3] As of 15 December 2010, the site is no longer active.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drop.io

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 03-17-2011, 05:48 PM

Quote:

here is my set. go through the readme carefully, there is a LOT of stuff in here.

pro-tools-pc.com

TRASHER Pro Tools Utility(updated 3-6-18)

HD Native, Avid 16x16, Eleven Rack, Focusrite Clarett 8preX, UA Quad Apollo TB.

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10
Old 04-04-2011, 11:05 PM

Quote:

All fixed on the first post.

Shane

Give your plug-ins a facelift...and skin 'em!

"Music should be performed by the musician, not by the engineer."

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit
Old 10-23-2011, 04:34 PM

Hi,

I would like to download the "Horizontal scroll fix" but the site is closed.. is there any alternative ?

Thanks !

PT Ultimate 2022.10 on macOS 12.6.1
Old 10-23-2011, 04:59 PM

Default does the Skunk Works Project work on PT10 Native?

work with PT10 Native? :)
winks

Chuck
Old 05-07-2022, 08:14 AM

Sorry for bringing up a thread from over a decade ago!

I'm in the process of making my own macros for PT, and came across this thread. I've been learning AHK and have had some success with it. I've enjoyed seeing others' scripts and learning from them, but I feel it'd be most useful to see how Pro Tools users have used AHK. And this might be THE script thread on duc.

I see the links have been broken ages ago, and there's probably no straight code in the posts.

Would anyone might have Pro Tools AHK scripts to share? Things they use or have found somewhere? Thank you!
Old 05-07-2022, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vallaton View Post
Sorry for bringing up a thread from over a decade ago!

I'm in the process of making my own macros for PT, and came across this thread. I've been learning AHK and have had some success with it. I've enjoyed seeing others' scripts and learning from them, but I feel it'd be most useful to see how Pro Tools users have used AHK. And this might be THE script thread on duc.

I see the links have been broken ages ago, and there's probably no straight code in the posts.

Would anyone might have Pro Tools AHK scripts to share? Things they use or have found somewhere? Thank you!

There are plenty of Keyboard Maestro macros for Pro Tools that you might be able to replicate in AHK. Try a Google search for Pro Tools Keyboard Maestro.
Most power users are using Soundflow these days for their Pro Tools macros.
Old 05-07-2022, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by its2loud View Post
There are plenty of Keyboard Maestro macros for Pro Tools that you might be able to replicate in AHK. Try a Google search for Pro Tools Keyboard Maestro.
Most power users are using Soundflow these days for their Pro Tools macros.
I have to check some out. I've had the impression that Keyboard Maestro macros won't be that easy to translate to work in AHK. Kinda hoping that someone still has their old AHK scripts lying around even if they've moved on.

Sadly, no Soundflow on Windows either.
Old 05-10-2022, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vallaton View Post
I've had the impression that Keyboard Maestro macros won't be that easy to translate to work in AHK.
That's correct. I use Keyboard Maestro on my Mac at work. Use to use AHK on Windows at home but it was such a pain to maintain the scripts. It seemed like every single update of either Windows or Pro Tools would break some of my scripts and require an hour of work to figure out how to fix it, when it was even possible to find a way around Microsoft's idiotic restrictions. Meanwhile on Mac, I'm still using many of the KM macros I created on Tiger 15 years ago.

Anyway, the two programs use completely different methods of macro creation, and the systems use different keyboards, and therefore different keyboard shortcuts. The best you could do is get ideas from others' KM macros and see if there's a way to recreate them from scratch with AHK.

PT 2023.12 Ultimate | Clarett+ 8Pre | macOS 13.6.3 on a MacBook Pro M1 Max
PT 2023.12 | Saffire Pro 40 | Win10 latest, HP Z440 64GB