Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2002, 08:22 PM

Default Re: While you were on hold......aka Waves 3.6

basschair/paul,
With all this nuclear disintegration and rebuilding of the DUC, I only now read your post... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] So, I'm glad it's a 'things turned out cool' post. You know, I used to see that 'Audio Track' plugin (though only one), and always wondered what on earth it was. I've never taken the time to even ask. I always thought, 'Audio track?...I don't need an audio track. I have plenty.'... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Anyway, glad it's working out. Sounds far better than it was a while back... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Later, Roy
Old 12-08-2002, 12:46 AM

Default While you were on hold......aka Waves 3.6

Okay, here's the deal: a couple months ago I bought the Waves Native Power Pack with version 3.2, and immediately updated to 3.5. This in turn immediately switched my windows 98se system which was pretty darn stable to one big blue screen. Let's get something straight right off: Waves support (phone and email) rules. They are really knowledgeable, not to mention cool, people, and were able to help me get to a point where I could record again. Still, PTLE was iffy at best.

Now enters Waves update 3.6. This update was a pisser to install and to get working...I had to update Pace drivers, but couldn't do it until after the holiday weekend (didn't know the site address), then do a manual huntdown and uninstall of Waves files, then do a reinstall of the update. Hassle? Not really...I like farting around in the "behind-the-scenes" sections of my computer. And it was totally worth it.

The point of this post? The Waves 3.6 update for native systems (at least for me) turned my system back from the "hey, it's cloudy out today, I don't think I'm gonna function for Paul today" to the stable system it once was.

I'm pretty stoked, for now I can really take advantage of these great plugs. There's a few minor glitches (for some reason, in the audio suite menu, I've got a whole mess of pluggin title slots filled in with "audio track"...weird...still, all of the other plugs are there) but they really don't have an effect on the overall performance. So, I'd totally recommend the 3.6 update, even to those who have gotten their system running well and don't want to add an update of something and possibly wreck their stability.

paul