Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins

Old 09-02-2018, 08:20 AM

Default iZotope RX7 officially announced

This is curious... just made a post on this and it seems to have been deleted, unless I'm going mad again. An DUC-enforced embargo perhaps? If so its very odd as the product is announced on iZotope's own website in the first banner, currently:

https://www.izotope.com

Anyway - its out on the 12th or thereabouts, and there's a promotion on to buy RX6 now in its many forms and discounts, and then get RX7 for free. Definitely a good time to buy / upgrade.

PT 2024 Ultimate; W11 Pro; Ryzen 9 7900; 64gb RAM; RME Babyface; UAD Quad Satellite USB; GTX 1050i
Macbook Air M2; 24gb RAM
Old 09-02-2018, 01:39 PM

Default Re: iZotope RX7 officially announced

I received an email from Izotope yesterday. I am a little surprise I haven't read anything about it, on this forum, neither on Gearslutz. "Buy RX6 now and get RX7 for free" Great! but I couldn't find any info on what you get when buying RX7. The only info I read is this:

Quote:
Soon you’ll be able to reshape the intonation of a dialogue performance, rebalance musical elements in a mix, isolate or remove vocals from a song—and all in multi-channel audio up to Dolby Atmos 7.1.2.
I would love to know if it supports multi-channel file for pitch shift and other plugins? The main reason I did not upgrade to RX 6. It's not that much of a deal if you don't know what you buy.
http://immersivesoundvr.com/
Old 09-03-2018, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noiseboyuk View Post
This is curious... just made a post on this and it seems to have been deleted, unless I'm going mad again. An DUC-enforced embargo perhaps? If so its very odd as the product is announced on iZotope's own website in the first banner, currently:

https://www.izotope.com

Anyway - its out on the 12th or thereabouts, and there's a promotion on to buy RX6 now in its many forms and discounts, and then get RX7 for free. Definitely a good time to buy / upgrade.
You're not going mad - I saw your post about RX7 as well and went looking on Izotope's page. I know they're saying stuff about if you buy it now you'll get a free upgrade. But I wonder if there's a discount for those who purchased like back in May (28th to be exact).

Also wonder how many of the new features will be Advanced only? I have RX6 vanilla.

QAPLA!
Old 09-03-2018, 07:10 AM

There has always been a discount for previous owners (user/owner since RX2). They are just announcing free upgrades for people buying now before the new one is released — pretty standard behavior for companies
Old 09-03-2018, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Also wonder how many of the new features will be Advanced only? I have RX6 vanilla.
Pretty much why I am still on v4 standard.
Old 09-04-2018, 04:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatriotsBiker View Post
Pretty much why I am still on v4 standard.
RX6 is my first foray into the RX world. While some of the fancy stuff in Advanced would be great I don't do enough work with video to warrant it. Most of what I do with RX right now is archiving close to a thousand vinyl LP's. With decent phono cartridges being scarce I want to have a way to listen to what I have should the vinyl become unplayable for some reason.

OT but related to my RX use: didn't somebody make a phono cartridge that used a laser so it was non-contact with the record?

QAPLA!
Old 09-04-2018, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
You're not going mad - I saw your post about RX7 as well and went looking on Izotope's page. I know they're saying stuff about if you buy it now you'll get a free upgrade. But I wonder if there's a discount for those who purchased like back in May (28th to be exact).

Thanks for the sanity check :)

The pattern generally is that there are one or two new features to both, a few more to Advanced-only, and then one or two previously Advanced-only features get added to regular.

Googling around, the features so far I've seen being mentioned are:

Rebalancing mixes
Removing vocals
Surround workflows up to Atmos 7.1.2
Change intonation of dialogue

If I had to guess, the first two would be for everyone, the last Advanced-only. I think a bit like Pro Tools / Ultimate or Cubase / Nuendo, the logical dividing line is music for all, audio post for the full featured veriation.

PT 2024 Ultimate; W11 Pro; Ryzen 9 7900; 64gb RAM; RME Babyface; UAD Quad Satellite USB; GTX 1050i
Macbook Air M2; 24gb RAM
Old 09-04-2018, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Surround workflows up to Atmos 7.1.2
I would love to have a confirmation to know if this statement is true for all Isotope RX built-in plugins and not only the PI that remove vocals or rebalance mixes. The quote could be a bit misleading.
http://immersivesoundvr.com/
Old 09-04-2018, 04:29 PM

RX is great... but man am I sick of Izotope's business model. It is like they rolled the worst elements of every other business model into one. If you own 5 out of 6 plugins in one of their bundles, it will still cost you the same to upgrade as someone who only owns 1. Likewise if you have spent money each RX release upgrading... you will still pay the same price as someone who hasn't upgraded their license in a decade. And they have taken a page out of Apple's book and seem to be releasing updates and upgrades with comparatively little added to them on a yearly basis.
Pro Tools Ultimate 2024.3. OSX 13.6.5. Win 10. HD Native. Lynx AES16e. Lynx Aurora 16. i9-13900KF. ASRock Z690 Steel Legend. 64GB Ram. AMD Vega 64. BM Decklink. Dolby Atmos Renderer 5.2. Trinnov D-Mon. D-Command.
Old 09-05-2018, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDS View Post
RX is great... but man am I sick of Izotope's business model. It is like they rolled the worst elements of every other business model into one. If you own 5 out of 6 plugins in one of their bundles, it will still cost you the same to upgrade as someone who only owns 1. Likewise if you have spent money each RX release upgrading... you will still pay the same price as someone who hasn't upgraded their license in a decade. And they have taken a page out of Apple's book and seem to be releasing updates and upgrades with comparatively little added to them on a yearly basis.
precisely.