Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 10-30-2009, 11:56 AM

Default Pro Tools LE Can't Find QuickTime Nor WMP

Hello there, as in the title my computer cannot find QuickTime or Windows Media Player when installing the program. Have it earlier installed on XP OS, tho now with Windows 7 it can't find them. Anyone have an idea what the issue is?
Old 10-30-2009, 12:20 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools LE Can't Find QuickTime Nor WMP

Last I heard, Pro Tools used ONLY Quicktime to open video files (if you're opening them WITHIN PT anyway) and then it was only reliable with .mov files. I don't recall PT ever "looking" for WMP anyway. If you go to your START button and look at the program list, are there icons for either one?
Old 10-30-2009, 12:23 PM

Windows Media player should be have been installed with Win7.

On a Windows system you have to download and install Quicktime player yourself!
Old 10-30-2009, 01:34 PM

Yeah forgot to write that down, widows 7 has WMP already installed and i donwnloaded QuickTime before the installation but it wont "find" them if that is the right word, i dont know if it has something to do with Digidesign program on W7 or maby something with my computer.
Old 10-30-2009, 02:39 PM

Give us some more info on what you're trying to do. If you're trying to import video into Pro Tools, QT is the PROTOCOL for that but it's going to open the video in its own window. And you downloaded QT but did you actually INSTALL it? (Always ask the simple questions first!!! )
Old 10-31-2009, 12:33 PM

The installation i'm talking about is the Pro Tools LE installation the software itself. And when the installation is in the final phrase is says it can't find QuickTime and something about that i need to install WMP from the installation disk where PT LE is. And yes my computer has Quicktime and WMP installed on the computer i can run files on them and all so that shouldn't be the problem.
Old 10-31-2009, 04:43 PM

Maybe uninstall-reinstall QT? And that's real odd, I've NEVER seen a Pro Tools installation ask for Windows Media Player. I'm perplexed on that one.
Old 10-31-2009, 06:53 PM

Did you ever get a "cannot locate active x" message? Windows seems not to play too friendly with Quicktime.
Old 10-31-2009, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lars.lovet View Post
The installation i'm talking about is the Pro Tools LE installation the software itself. And when the installation is in the final phrase is says it can't find QuickTime and something about that i need to install WMP from the installation disk where PT LE is. And yes my computer has Quicktime and WMP installed on the computer i can run files on them and all so that shouldn't be the problem.
You will some times see this message if you run the PT installer twice without rebooting in between or authorizing PT. In my experience the message doesn't mean anything and it will throw the message regardless of whether or not QT etc is installed.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 11-01-2009, 05:42 AM

When I got that message on XP during installation, I downloaded and installed the latest version of QuickTime. I also searched the Internet for Windows Media Player 11 Runtime"; then downloaded and installed.
2 gB ram
Lacie Rugged 5400 rpm firewire 800 on Siig Cardbus adapter
Roland 700SX stage piano
Studio Projects C3 mics
Melodyne Plugin
Dual Boot:
PTLE 8.0.1 on Windows 7 Enterprise 32 bit
PTLE 8.0.1 on XP Media Center SP3