Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Digidesign Hardware & Software
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2000, 01:26 PM

Default Re: Future of SoundDesigner II

Dear Friends

From here in the UK, I thought I might add my thoughts to the many you have obviously received about the demise of Sound Designer.

We have built this radio agency into the most successful of its kind in Europe on the bedrock of this excellent product.

You have now taken the decision to discontinue it, at the very time when the Internet Audio market is starting to boom.

I really do think you should reconsider your position and either revive Sound Designer, or sell on the product to a company who will nurture it.

With best wishes

GREG STRANGE
Editor
The Broadcasting Company

[This message has been edited by Greg Strange (edited July 01, 2000).]
Old 07-05-2000, 02:03 PM

Hello all,

I think the most interesting (little) post on this thread was written by Jerry Tubb,
posted February 24, 1999 04:34 PM ***

Instead of killing this great product, Digidesign would really be smart if they would rewrite SDII to handle 24/96 HD audio and come out with an AudioMedia 4 card that would also handle 24/96, and a version of Masterlist for DVD 24/96 audio, thus once again become the leader in stereo mastering!

This is definetly true!
At the sametime, put the source-code of SDII online, and offer a deal to the guy who wishes to rewite it; everyone will be a winner:
- The clients (yeah, SDII back again!, COOL)
- The AVID-accountant (yeah groovy: new cash flow comming in from someone elses work)

Greetings;

Huby
Old 07-10-2000, 03:24 PM

I logged on to see if there was any way to upgrade my old SDII with my new system. Nothing else works as well and as effciently, especially with Samplecell.
Sadly, I came across this information that SDII is being left behind.

This gives me one more reason to switch to MOTU. I guess I'll just tell them to put SD features in their current waveform editor.

Bummer!

Bye - I'll miss you!

Ms T
Old 08-02-2000, 01:23 AM

I think all this pleading for the source code will be for naught. A tech recently told me that DD had LOST, either the code itself or the rights to the code. Fess up DD. If someone else owns it, tell us. If you can't find it, why can't you reverse engineer it?
Just don't care, eh?
Old 08-02-2000, 01:28 AM

I think all this pleading for the source code will be for naught. A tech recently told me that DD had LOST, either the code itself or the rights to the code. Fess up DD. If someone else owns it, tell us. If you can't find it, why can't you reverse engineer it?
Just don't care, eh?
Old 09-22-2000, 07:22 AM

And give us our daily Soundesigner II. Compatible With the digi 001. why not. I have edited many CDs on this Programme.
At this years IBC in Amsterdam you could only see Protools and Procontrols, the Dutch staff don't even know about compatibility with Masterlist CD and SDII.
Me too I would pay $$$ for an SD-II upgrade
Old 09-22-2000, 07:24 AM

And give us our daily Soundesigner II. Compatible With the digi 001. why not. I have edited many CDs on this Programme.
At this years IBC in Amsterdam you could only see Protools and Procontrols, the Dutch staff don't even know about compatibility with Masterlist CD and SDII.
Me too I would pay $$$ for an SD-II upgrade
Old 10-25-2000, 04:48 AM

Strange don't you think? : that this is the longest thread in the DUC, but still Digi doesn't get it....
They must be to bussy trying to reboot thier computers after using P-P-P-PEAK....

Huby
Old 10-27-2000, 03:53 AM

If you want to use SDII, it's very simple, but a used AMIII card. I have two, both running 2.82 on the G4/400 and G/4500. They are both running OS9.0.4. I have also m,ove my cards uinto my beige G3/300, upgraded with a powerlogix 366 card, running 904 as well. You can buy a used AMIII card for $250.-300.. Make sure it has a current enough rev chip to work on newer machines if that is what you have. Of course it would be nice if Digi still updated and supported the program, but it still works the way it is! I
Old 10-27-2000, 04:56 AM

I keep a 7100 NuBus Machine with a Sonic Solutions SSP3 card, AMII and PTIII. for SDII.

Hate to admit it but SDII with the little K (krack) symbol in the title, works on PCI based PT hardware. BTW, The only krack I would ever use.

I still use SDII for all my CD mastering, I even choose it over the Sonics station, for CD final burns...

Digi letting the code loose wouldn't hurt anyone.

----------------------
Unofficial Digidesign User Conference
-UDUC- (YOU DUCK) A place to sound your mind!
(unmoderated and uncensored digi user board) http://pluto.beseen.com/boardroom/k/51201/