Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 09-14-2010, 10:36 AM
Administrator

Lightbulb New Pro Tools Mbox Personal Recording Systems

Product Announcement: Introducing Pro Tools Mbox Personal Recording Systems
Third generation of bestselling music creation systems deliver powerful new features and universal software compatibility.

Avid is pleased to announce the new Pro Tools® Mbox® family of personal recording systems—Mbox Mini, Mbox, and Mbox Pro. Each Pro Tools Mbox system includes everything you need to produce professional-sounding music with their Mac or PC computer: premier, studio-grade hardware and professional Pro Tools LE® software. Building on the comprehensive feature set that popularized the original Mbox series, updates include professional-grade circuitry and converters, soft-clip input limiter*, built-in reverb*, guitar tuner*, assignable Pro Tools multi-function button*, and all-new drivers for rock-solid compatibility with other popular recording software including Logic, Live, Record, Reason, Fruity Loops, Cubase, Nuendo, Sonar, Digital Performer, and more.

* Mbox and Mbox Pro only

Product Details

Premium quality
Designed by the same engineering team behind our top-of-the-line Pro Tools|HD systems, Mbox interfaces feature a host of advanced technology for exceptional quality. A premium analog signal path and high-performance converters deliver pristine sound. Stringent testing standards ensure rock-solid performance in the most demanding environments. And of course, Mbox interfaces are designed for ultra-tight integration with the included Pro Tools LE® software, which is based on the same platform trusted by professional musicians, engineers, and producers around the world.

Unsurpassed flexibility
Mbox interfaces are also compatible with other major recording applications, so you can make music any way they want. All-new drivers provide superior performance with Logic, Live, Record, Reason, Fruity Loops, Cubase, Nuendo, Sonar, and more—so you can use a favorite third-party DAW from start to finish, or record with the included Pro Tools LE software to ensure their sessions are compatible with pro studios around the world.

What’s New?
All three models feature all new hardware and drivers designed from the ground up. A driver control panel offers access to all HW functions. The drivers also support full ASIO, Core Audio, WDM and are multi-client to support nearly all audio applications. The extruded aluminum chassis houses a complete inner metal bracing system to ensure all components are well secured and protected. A large volume knob and ergonomically designed gain knobs have a professional feel you’d expect from a best-in-class interface.

Here are some of the things that are new in the Mbox family hardware…

Mbox Mini:
  • All new preamps with 20dB pad
  • Professional Cirrus Logic converters
  • High gain/low noise headphone amp
  • Fully balanced I/O

Mbox:
  • All new preamps with 20dB pad and Soft-clip
  • High gain/low noise headphone amp
  • All metal chassis
  • LLM support
  • HW cue mixer with reverb
  • Built-in tuner
  • Multi-function button for improved Pro Tools workflows
  • USB 2.0
  • Up to 96kHz

Mbox Pro:
  • All new preamps with 20dB pad, Soft-clip, HPF and 8-segment input meters
  • High gain/low noise headphone amps with independent routing and control
  • All metal chassis
  • HW cue mixer with reverb
  • Built-in tuner
  • Multi-function button for improved Pro Tools workflows
  • Monitor management (up to 3 stereo monitors or 5.1 surround)
  • Up to 192kHz (Pro Tools LE software supports up to 96 kHz sample rates)

For more information about these new products please visit the product pages here:

Pro Tools Mbox Family Product Section
Pro Tools Mbox Family Standalone Driver Control Panel Installers
Questions?
Please feel free to post any questions or comments in this thread and our Support and Product Management team will do their best to respond.
Old 09-14-2010, 10:39 AM

Default Re: New Pro Tools Mbox Personal Recording Systems

What is the date of availability? I looked on GC site and it said to get on the order list...

"Yes, recording to the system drive is 99% likely THE main problem." sw rec
Old 09-14-2010, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirborneFO View Post
What is the date of availability? I looked on GC site and it said to get on the order list...
i know of one person who has already bought a new mbox.... YESTERDAY

http://duc.digidesign.com/showthread.php?t=282008

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 09-14-2010, 10:56 AM

I have a question... whats up with this wording:

•Windows® XP 32-bit SP3, Windows Vista® 32-bit SP2, Windows 7 32-bit Native, or Windows 7 64-bit Native

also it says "One Native Firewire Port" it does not specify a TI chipset.... so... the Mbox Pro should work with any port, like a VIA chipset? what about a Firewire 800 port, or a Firewire 3200 port. http://firewire3200.com/

its nice to see some ideas from the 11R were included into the new interfaces.

Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 09-14-2010, 11:26 AM

will there be some Product specific videos up anytime soon? Not the General overview thats already up, http://www.avid.com/US/products/Pro-Tools-Mbox-Pro but more specific to each Mbox. perhaps with some background info given by the lead developers... like was done for the new HD i/o's

EDIT: I found a couple on youtube from Sweetwater. but no specifics

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WG9dONBrZZc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlzGXfWKPoQ

Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 09-14-2010, 11:58 AM

Quote:
What is the date of availability?
It's a little different for each region. The Mbox is shipping now. The Mbox Mini will start shipping out at the end of September and the Pro in October. Because of shipping times the actual availability dates in stores will vary. Please check with your local dealer for exact dates.

Quote:

•Windows® XP 32-bit SP3, Windows Vista® 32-bit SP2, Windows 7 32-bit Native, or Windows 7 64-bit Native
That's just the official wording we are supposed to use for the Windows 7 compatibility. No hidden meaning or message there.

Quote:
also it says "One Native Firewire Port" it does not specify a TI chipset.... so... the Mbox Pro should work with any port, like a VIA chipset? what about a Firewire 800 port, or a Firewire 3200 port
The unit was tested on a variety of chipsets with excellent results. That being said there is no way for us to test every possible option. If any compatibility issues are discovered we'll post them to the Knowledge Base.

The Pro ships with 3 FireWire cables, Mini to 400, 400-400 and 800-400. We didn't test 3200 but if it's backwards compatible it should work.

Quote:
will there be some Product specific videos up anytime soon?
Marketing has been hard at work on a number of projects to provide more information about the new Mbox products. I'm not sure what will be availalbe and when for videos.
Old 09-14-2010, 11:48 AM
Administrator

Quote:

I think I can answer the first question. I’m guessing this is a copy/paste error, left over from the original Pro Tools 8.0.4 announcement. Pro Tools LE and M-Powered (the native software) version 8.0.4 is officially qualified with Windows 7, while Pro Tools HD (not native) is still a public beta with Windows 7. Although users are running Pro Tools HD 8.0.4 and 8.1 on Windows 7, it is not yet officially qualified, while the Pro Tools native versions are officially qualifed with Windows 7 32-bit and 64-bit. Apologies for the confusion, I sent this and your other question to the web team.
Old 09-14-2010, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digidesign View Post
I think I can answer the first question. I’m guessing this is a copy/paste error, left over from the original Pro Tools 8.0.4 announcement. Pro Tools LE and M-Powered (the native software) version 8.0.4 is officially qualified with Windows 7, while Pro Tools HD (not native) is still a public beta with Windows 7. Although users are running Pro Tools HD 8.0.4 and 8.1 on Windows 7, it is not yet officially qualified, while the Pro Tools native versions are officially qualifed with Windows 7 32-bit and 64-bit. Apologies for the confusion, I sent this and your other question to the web team.
well thanks for dashing my dreams.....

Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 09-14-2010, 12:06 PM

-Monitor management (up to 3 stereo monitors or 5.1 surround)

That really makes me interested. I Plan I buying a second set of monitor's and thought I was gonna have to buy a Central Station too. This feat. may save me that extra purchase!
Old 10-03-2010, 08:46 PM

This is a re-post, I think I posted the original in the wrong section ......

Hi all,

Just migrated to Pro tools from cubase. Picked up the NEW Mbox with PT LE 8.0.4 along with Toolkit 2. Problem I'm having, when I import files into ProTools it's not at the same sample rate as was recorded, in other words, it plays back at 1/2 speed. I opened up one of my Cubase projects, chose the MBox as my Interface and the entire project is now at the wrong sample rate as well.

So I switched back to my other interface (my trusty line 6 UX2 lol) and sample rates in Cubase returned to normal. I'm sure it has something to do with setting up the MBox, like I said, same problem when I imported the Demo file of the song into PT.

I have all my sample and bit rates set correct. A push in the right direction would be greatly appreciated :)

Windows 7 32 bit
AMD Phenom 11 955 black edition
Gigabyte MB
4 gigs hyperextension memory
500 gig 32 bit cache OS HD
1.5TB 32 bit cache Audio and Sample HD

Thanks in advance :)
Gabriel
MBox 3 | PT LE 8.0.4 | Toolkit 2 | AMD Phenom™ II X4 3.2 Ghz with Arctic Ice | Seagate 500 gig (OS) and 1.5 Tb (Audio) HDs, 32 mb cache each | Gigabyte MOBO | Windows 7 64 Pro | 4 gigs Kingston DDR2 1200 Hyperextension Ram | 750 watt power supply | Antec Sonota 111 case | Dual 24" monitors |ATI Radeon Graphics card | Korg Triton Extreme | Korg M3 | Guitars