Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2011, 11:45 AM

Default Assertion line 330

I'm trying to bounce to video. It's a 4 minute song, but the source video is 90 mins. I have bounced other piecs of the source video without problems. Now I'm getting
Could not complete the Bounce To Disk command because Assertion in "/Volumes/Development/ws.ProTools_9.0x/AlturaPorts/DFW/MacBuild/../Views/UPopupDisplay.cpp", line 330
Please help
Old 03-31-2011, 03:37 PM

Default Re: Assertion line 330

If you are running PT 9.0.2 it is a known bug. Use the 9.0.1 updater to go back down a version.
Old 03-31-2011, 05:16 PM

If you were able to do it before and suddenly can't, it's likely not a Pro Tools version bug, but a corrupted Volume folder.

Check out the "General Troubleshooting" thread's section on deleting Volumes folders:

Quote:
Delete Databases and Volumes

This step can be useful when receiving random 'assertion' or 'neoaccess' errors, especially when recording or saving.

-Delete the "Digidesign Databases" folders on the first level of all mounted hard drives.
-Delete the "Volumes" folder:
Pro Tools versions 7.3 and earlier it's located in MacHD > Library > Application Support > Digidesign > Databases.
Pro Tools 7.4 and higher will find it in MacHD > Library > Application Support > Digidesign > Databases > Unicode.

-Empty trash, then restart the computer.
See if that helps.
Old 04-01-2011, 08:04 AM

Question Re: Assertion line 330

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveskinner View Post
Could not complete the Bounce To Disk command because Assertion in "/Volumes/Development/ws.ProTools_9.0x/AlturaPorts/DFW/MacBuild/../Views/UPopupDisplay.cpp", line 330
Do you have surround output paths in this session?
Old 04-28-2011, 01:02 PM

This bug actually just hit me today for the first time, and yes I tried my own advice first :)

It does seem to have something to do with surround output paths, as I use the OMNI I/O and have a 5.1 monitor path setup that I usually use the stereo sub-path of for monitoring.

However I only discovered this after some testing, because before today, it was working fine! It only cropped up very suddenly today, but seems to have 'infected' (for lack of a better word) all sessions because I can't bounce to video at all anymore unless I go into the Omni Hardware setup and set it to be just stereo outputs only. This applies to every session I open, even sessions that I bounced video out of successfully just yesterday now give me this line 330 error pop-up when I try to bounce to quicktime.

I've trashed prefs & volume files, haven't gone as far as a re-install yet though. Is there any other info on this one? Does going back to 9.0.1 definitely solve the issue?
Old 05-01-2011, 12:25 PM

Post Re: Assertion line 330

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMcK View Post
It only cropped up very suddenly today, but seems to have 'infected' (for lack of a better word) all sessions because I can't bounce to video at all anymore unless I go into the Omni Hardware setup and set it to be just stereo outputs only. This applies to every session I open, even sessions that I bounced video out of successfully just yesterday now give me this line 330 error pop-up when I try to bounce to quicktime.
If your bounce source is stereo, then you will never encounter this bug. I don't think infected is the right word, especially since this is not caused by a virus.

Quote:
Is there any other info on this one?
Other than the workaround of boucing out 1 second of stereo audio (not QuickTime) and then bouncing to QuickTime, no.
Quote:
Does going back to 9.0.1 definitely solve the issue?
This particular bug does not exist in v9.0.1.
Old 06-08-2011, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenwoodedit View Post
If you are running PT 9.0.2 it is a known bug. Use the 9.0.1 updater to go back down a version.
Still in 9.0.3. Just got bit today. 5.1 paths are part of the session. BTD short audio snippet reselecting stereo output path, then bounce to movie fixes it.

best,
rich

----------------------------------------
Mac Studio / Ventura, PT 2023.12.HDX, Avid HD I/Os and Metric Halo ULN8, 3xS1/Dock
Also running a Mac Studio Ultra / Ventura / HDX / MTRX / S6
Old 09-18-2012, 12:43 PM

FWIW, I have encountered this problem numerous times. I run 9.0.3 HD TDM on a Mac OSX 10.6.8. The only workaround I have found is to make all tracks inactive, then going down the line and reactivating them in small groups and trying the bounce each time. If you make it to the end, you're golden. If not, then you know what the problem tracks are. Why they are a problem is another issue.
Old 09-20-2012, 05:46 PM

Thumbs up Re: Assertion line 330

The bug I was referring to was fixed in v9.0.5.
Old 12-22-2012, 10:34 PM

I dont know if this will help anyone, but i had this error when i copied a Pro Tools session from one Win7 pc to another. It bounced fine on the pc it was created on, but when i copied it to my laptop i couldnt bounce due to this error.

Mind you, my laptop not only had a different version of pro tools (express), but didnt have the additional plugins loaded either. I was hpoing to copy the session back and forth (so i could do editing out of town), but the mismatch of software was producing this error. I can bounce sessions created by the laptop no problems at all.

Long story short; are people running into this problem shifting sessions around?