Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10

Old 12-27-2013, 10:12 AM

Default Help for Error Message - Assertion in "..\Mdie_TrackPlayer.cpp", line 476

Has anyone seen this error message.....
Assertion in "..\Mdie_TrackPlayer.cpp", line 476
.... and do you know how to fix it? The message appears every time I try to either record a track or playback the project I am working on. I have tried uninstalling Pro Tools and then reinstalling. Any other suggestions?
Old 12-27-2013, 10:40 AM

Default Re: Help for Error Message - Assertion in "..\Mdie_TrackPlayer.cpp", line 476

there are a few things that can throw an Assertion Error
damaged Database and/or Catalog file, toss and rebuild
incorrectly set Interface, hold down the N key when booting Pro Tools and select the proper interface
a CAF file in the OMF/AAF file, beat the picture editor silly

please review the Help Us Help You thread

"Fly High Freeee click psst tic tic tic click Bird Yeah!" - dave911

Thank you,

Craig
Old 12-27-2013, 01:28 PM

Default Re: Help for Error Message - Assertion in "..\Mdie_TrackPlayer.cpp", line 476

Here is some info that may help, sorry I didn't include it in the original post.....

System
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard
Model p6510f
Total amount of system memory 4.00 GB RAM
System type 64-bit operating system
Number of processor cores 4
Storage
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Total size of hard disk(s) 698 GB
Disk partition (C:) 605 GB Free (687 GB Total)
Disk partition (D:) 1 GB Free (11 GB Total)
Media drive (E:) CD/DVD
Media drive (F:) CD/DVD
Graphics
Display adapter type ATI Radeon HD 4200
Total available graphics memory 1915 MB
Dedicated graphics memory 256 MB
Dedicated system memory 0 MB
Shared system memory 1659 MB
Display adapter driver version 8.862.3.0
Primary monitor resolution 1440x900
DirectX version DirectX 10
Network
Network Adapter Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
Network Adapter 802.11n Wireless LAN Card
Network Adapter Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter
Operating System
Windows 7 Home Premium SP1
Internet Explorer 9.11
Audio Adapter
Focusrite Scarlett 18i8
DAW
Avid Pro Tools 10.3.7

I have also attached a screen clip of the error message...such as it is.

Again, any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
LBP
Attached Images
File Type: png Untitled.png (5.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-27-2013, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbpease View Post
Here is some info that may help, sorry I didn't include it in the original post.....

System
Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard
Model p6510f
Total amount of system memory 4.00 GB RAM
System type 64-bit operating system
Number of processor cores 4
Storage
Total size of hard disk(s) 698 GB
Disk partition (C:) 605 GB Free (687 GB Total)
Disk partition (D:) 1 GB Free (11 GB Total)
Media drive (E:) CD/DVD
Media drive (F:) CD/DVD
Graphics
Display adapter type ATI Radeon HD 4200
Total available graphics memory 1915 MB
Dedicated graphics memory 256 MB
Dedicated system memory 0 MB
Shared system memory 1659 MB
Display adapter driver version 8.862.3.0
Primary monitor resolution 1440x900
DirectX version DirectX 10
Network
Network Adapter Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
Network Adapter 802.11n Wireless LAN Card
Network Adapter Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter
Operating System
Windows 7 Home Premium SP1
Internet Explorer 9.11
Audio Adapter
Focusrite Scarlett 18i8
DAW
Avid Pro Tools 10.3.7

I have also attached a screen clip of the error message...such as it is.

Again, any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
LBP
I see a couple of problems right off - you only have 4 gig of ram. That's just enough for Windows itself to run let alone anything as complicated as PT. You need to add more ram. You also only show 1 drive - your system drive. PT really needs to have a separate drive to record to; it must NOT be a green drive and should have a speed of 7200 rpm minimum.

Don't forget to disable your on-board audio interface and just use the Scarlett. Windows doesn't take kindly to more than 1 audio interface. It can be done but it gets ugly.

You also give no info on your cpu other than number of cores. CPU type and speed please - don't make us go to the HP site to try and find that out.

QAPLA!
Old 12-29-2013, 11:08 AM

Thanks for the suggestions. I will address the RAM and hard drive issues, but Pro-Tools was working before I replaced my audio adapter. I had been using a Lexicon "Omega" adapter which started having some issues. I replaced that adapter with a focusrite Scarlett 18i8.

If it helps, I have included a much more thorough system report (attached .pdf). If you can see any other issues to address in addition to the RAM upgrade and using a second hard drive, please let me know. Live and Cubase will both work but I'd much prefer using ProTools.

Thanks in advance for the help.

lbp
Attached Files
File Type: pdf SysInfo.pdf (138.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-29-2013, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbpease View Post
Thanks for the suggestions. I will address the RAM and hard drive issues, but Pro-Tools was working before I replaced my audio adapter. I had been using a Lexicon "Omega" adapter which started having some issues. I replaced that adapter with a focusrite Scarlett 18i8.

If it helps, I have included a much more thorough system report (attached .pdf). If you can see any other issues to address in addition to the RAM upgrade and using a second hard drive, please let me know. Live and Cubase will both work but I'd much prefer using ProTools.

Thanks in advance for the help.

lbp
If it worked before you got lucky, that's all. It also doesn't help that your video card can steal system memory. Factor in the graphics PT uses along with bare minimum ram and that's a recipe for troubles.

QAPLA!
Old 01-05-2014, 10:02 AM

The computer now has 12GB of Ram and a second hard drive. The computers built in sound card has been deactivated so that the Scarlett box is the only audio device on the system. I am still getting exactly the same error messages.

Any other Suggestions?

My next two steps were going to be the complete removal of ProTools and the Audio Drivers followed by reinstalling (I did this once before the hardware upgrades). If that fails to work I will wipe the hard drive and do a clean install of the operating system and all software.

Feeling very frustrated..... HELP PLEASE!!!!

LP
Old 01-05-2014, 12:15 PM

When I updated to 10.3.8 I got an error on startup - I've fixed it so I don't remember exactly what it was - however it was related to the hardware set up also.

If you go into your playback engine setup and check the "ignore errors" option, that will allow you to set to your interface at least. This got rid of my error, but I still wasn't getting audio.

I basically did a reinstall and that took care of it. The updater for 10.3.8 comes with an "uninstaller" - which you need to run first. Then install 10 and 11 after that. The whole process only takes a few minutes. Sorry I can't be more helpful than that....I know it's vague. A reinstall is pretty quick and easy though and may fix your problem.