Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-10-2015, 03:55 PM

Default Re: How to connect artist mix series to studio one 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
Folks complain at Presonus about Eucon support, but I suspect they see Avid as a competitor, and it would not surprise me that at some time Presonus see themselves doing a serious DAW control surface or adding control surface functionality into their live mixers etc. And since Avid won't license Eucontrol to other surface manufacturers then why support it in your own DAW software. Or that at least is my conspiracy theory. That and Eucontol is likely just an engineering mess and customer support nightmare for a vendor for very little return.

This is what I don't understand... If you have been the Artist series OK, then you must have used the Eucon control panel... which seems to be what you are confused about finding to setup up HUI.

When you post problem reports here it helps a lot if you give everybody a clue what your are running on, OS, software versions etc.
My specs are already listed here. Thought you knew this. No worries.
I have a PC windows 7 pro 64 bit
24 gigs of ram
i7
Old 03-10-2015, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wall2Wall View Post
Why not ask Studio One tech support. That's a better bet as they make the software where the changes need to made to work with Artist Mix. Can't expect Avid to know Studio One settings. Or you can use google:

How to connect Avid Artist Series Controls properly to Studio One v2
I did ask presonus. Their reply was ask Avid it's thier product.

And I would ask Avid if they were professional and kind enough to give customers like me access to them directly to solve a problem with their product like all other normal professional business companies that sell hardware.

Again same Ole same Ole these software companies shift the blame to the other side. So not cool...
Old 03-10-2015, 04:29 PM

Default How to connect artist mix series to studio one 2

What is it you need to ask any vendor about? The only information that you have provided here seems to look like you were confused and looking for the OS X Eucon systems preferences panel inside of Studio One instead of using the Windows Eucon control panel.

And Presonus support is kinda right, their product supports HUI. *You* need to put whatever surface you are using in HUI mode and then you can follow the Studio One documentation for setting up a HUI surface.

So besides complaining about vendors support not helping you, what instructions are you following and exactly have you tried and what exactly is happening? Did you find the Eucon control panel and is the Artist surface in HUI mode? Other users here can only help you when you provide clear useful information.
Old 03-10-2015, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
What is it you need to ask any vendor about? The only information that you have provided here seems to look like you were confused and looking for the OS X Eucon systems preferences panel inside of Studio One instead of using the Windows Eucon control panel.

And Presonus support is kinda right, their product supports HUI. *You* need to put whatever surface you are using in HUI mode and then you can follow the Studio One documentation for setting up a HUI surface.

So besides complaining about vendors support not helping you, what instructions are you following and exactly have you tried and what exactly is happening? Did you find the Eucon control panel and is the Artist surface in HUI mode? Other users here can only help you when you provide clear useful information.
Darryl yes I do have the right to complain. Nor am I gonna waste any more time on explaining why. You don't need to reply to me here anymore.

Thanks
Old 03-12-2015, 10:37 AM

Put your system details in your signature. They don't show up when using the "Reply to Thread" if you don't.

Darryl is right. Very few vendors can afford to help every installation, especially when it is not their product.

Clear and complete info on your rig helps us provide rapid and focused information.

I clicked on your System Details link and didn't see any details. Please check that.
http://www.videopark.com
MacPro 6 core 3.33 GHz, OS 10.12.1, 8 GB RAM, PT12.6.1, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, PreSonus DigiMax, MC Control V3.5, dual displays,
Neumann U-47, Tab V76 mic pre, RCA 44BX and 77DX, MacBook Pro 9,1, 2.3 Mhz, i7, CBS Labs Audimax and Volumax.
Ampex 440B half-track and four-track, 351 tube full-track mono, MM-1100 16-track.
Old 03-17-2015, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Park Seward View Post
Put your system details in your signature. They don't show up when using the "Reply to Thread" if you don't.

Darryl is right. Very few vendors can afford to help every installation, especially when it is not their product.

Clear and complete info on your rig helps us provide rapid and focused information.

I clicked on your System Details link and didn't see any details. Please check that.
When I click on my system details. I see it. I have no idea why you can't.
Old 03-17-2015, 05:54 PM

Likely nobody but you can can see it. Try deleting it and retying it in again. Plain text only nothing fancy (in case you had before). You can also just put it in your signature in plain text... but many folks won't see that either if they come here via different apps. When you report a problem just include your current systems info, often the specs people save are out of date anyhow.
Old 03-17-2015, 08:22 PM

I see stats on your account like the number of posts you are in but no System Details.

Like Darryl said, your signature is the best place for your details.

Clear and complete info on your rig helps us provide rapid and focused information. (I liked that sentence so much I repeated it. )
http://www.videopark.com
MacPro 6 core 3.33 GHz, OS 10.12.1, 8 GB RAM, PT12.6.1, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, PreSonus DigiMax, MC Control V3.5, dual displays,
Neumann U-47, Tab V76 mic pre, RCA 44BX and 77DX, MacBook Pro 9,1, 2.3 Mhz, i7, CBS Labs Audimax and Volumax.
Ampex 440B half-track and four-track, 351 tube full-track mono, MM-1100 16-track.
Old 03-18-2015, 04:59 PM

I just did this on my system. It's a Mac Pro, but I got it working with Studio One 2. Both my Mix and Transport.

The first thing you need to do is get Eucon installed.
Then, I don't know how it looks on a PC, but on a Mac in the Preferences Pane there is a Eucon logo, I click on that and it opens up a window and I drag my Studio One app into it and that makes Eucon aware of Studio One. So you'll have to figure out how to do that step on a PC. It's very important or you'll never get it to work.
Then you go into Studio One Preferences and select External Devices.
Click Add, then Select the Mackie row.
Then Select Control, NOT HUI. For some reason HUI won't work with the newer version of Eucon.
For Midi channels select all.
For Receive From and Send to select Euphonix MIDI Port 1.
Close that dialog, then click on the naming tabs and type in your names. For some reason you can't do it in the previous dialog.
Mac Pro 6.1, E5-2690 V2 10 core 3.0G, 32gig 1866 memory, 512G PCIe system drive, 4 480G OWC 3G SSD data drives in Thunderbolt 2 enclosure, macOS 10.15.7, Pro Tools Ultimate 2020.9.1, Twin Raven MTi's, Apollo 8 TB, 2 UAD2 Satellite Octo Thunderbolt, RME ADI-4 DD, Neve 5012, 5043, Bricasti M7, 2 PCM 92's, M350, DynAudio BM6 MK 3, BM14S, a bunch of cool mics...1 damned iLok2.