Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-2011, 10:33 AM

Default Can I use 2 HD Omni's at once?

Can I use 2 HD Omni's at once?
Old 02-05-2011, 10:38 AM

Default Re: Can I use 2 HD Omni's at once?

This is very specifically answered in the Omni manual.
Note that all opinions, observations, whatever, in this post are mine, unless I'm being mean or am wrong, in which case it's somebody else's fault. I do not work for Avid (their loss)...my only relationship with Avid is that of a customer (when I'm not too poor to buy stuff, like now)...and that hot administrative assistant...that's more of a "thing" than a "relationship" (that should keep them guessing for a while...)

Just rockin'...what more is there?

Bill in Pittsburgh
Old 02-05-2011, 10:43 AM

No. Only one omni per hd rig.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-06-2011, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Denton View Post
This is very specifically answered in the Omni manual.
God, and I thought I was pedantic. Not all of us have Omnis or the manual, but some of us may just be interested in the answer anyway. So thanks. For nothing.
Old 02-06-2011, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightrambler View Post
God, and I thought I was pedantic. Not all of us have Omnis or the manual, but some of us may just be interested in the answer anyway. So thanks. For nothing.
The manual can be downloaded from the Avid site.

The Omni costs $3,000 +/- which is more than I can afford right now. But I was still interested in it, so I downloaded the manual.

Avid only has a limited number of people looking at this board. The less it is clogged up with questions one could find the answer to with only a little effort on their part, the better off we'll all be...
Note that all opinions, observations, whatever, in this post are mine, unless I'm being mean or am wrong, in which case it's somebody else's fault. I do not work for Avid (their loss)...my only relationship with Avid is that of a customer (when I'm not too poor to buy stuff, like now)...and that hot administrative assistant...that's more of a "thing" than a "relationship" (that should keep them guessing for a while...)

Just rockin'...what more is there?

Bill in Pittsburgh
Old 02-06-2011, 08:32 AM

Quote:

The Omni costs $3,000 +/- which is more than I can afford right now. But I was still interested in it, so I downloaded the manual.

Avid only has a limited number of people looking at this board. The less it is clogged up with questions one could find the answer to with only a little effort on their part, the better off we'll all be...
Aren't you clogging it up right now? I mean, really, you type more letters to not give the answer than to just give the answer. The world will always be full of people that will not read manuals and you are just going to have to accept that.
Old 02-06-2011, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uno1234 View Post
Aren't you clogging it up right now? I mean, really, you type more letters to not give the answer than to just give the answer. The world will always be full of people that will not read manuals and you are just going to have to accept that.
+1, you know some like to keep the Hen house spun up.
BLA AGB,Autuer,Lucid,
MicroCLock, Pultec, UA, Sebatron, Focusrite, Trident,API, A-Designs, Purple Audio
Old 02-06-2011, 09:49 AM

Quote:

Well that's funny, 'cause I thought this forum was for pro users to talk (nicely) - and help - other pro users. My bad I guess.