Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-2016, 08:23 PM

Default Application Manager now says "I don't own any Avid Products under this account yet"

I've been an avid customer for many years but I am new to this forum so please bare with me. A year ago I upgraded to Pro-tools 12 purchased through Sweetwater Sound and I received an additional year of updates for free. I have never had this problem before but today I updated the App Manager and now when I open the App Manager it says I don't own any products under my account yet, and it keeps trying to "get my subscription data". However, I am able to log into my Avid Master account and see my updates and it shows my Perpetual Product System ID and iLok id including Annual Upgrade Plan and Standard Support are Active until Mar 31 2016. But, when I try to Retrieve my ASC details it shows my ASC #s have expired. I Love Pro Tools but I am thoroughly confused now between Avid's Master account, system ID, Avid Support Code and the Avid Manager now does not work.
Under my PT Upgrade and Support Plan 2015 Update, It shows a download for Pro Tools 12.4.0 installer. My question is, if I download 12.4 and run the installer, am I authorized to install it and will I be able to run it with all of these issues? I am worried that if I install 12.4 that i will lose access to ProTools. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-14-2016, 12:18 AM

Default Re: Application Manager now says "I don't own any Avid Products under this account ye

Hi dewolff,

Welcome to the forum.

Application manager has been a bit of a "work in progress", so I wouldn't be too concerned over this.

I will shoot this up the ladder though, so let's wait for a better answer before you do anything to your well running system.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 02-14-2016, 09:05 AM

Default Re: Application Manager now says "I don't own any Avid Products under this account ye

I'm experiencing a similar problem this morning. I've been using 12.4 with the new app mgr for a while and this morning when I started my computer it says I don't own anything.
Old 02-14-2016, 10:01 AM

Hi,

Having the same issue here. I found application manager generally buggy, but as of this weekend it won't log in at all. Using latest version, tried uninstall/re-install etc.

Thanks,
Adam
Old 02-14-2016, 04:05 PM

Same here. Just figured it was a connection problem on Avid's side. Hasn't affected performance at all, and the website shows everything is up-to-date.
System/Hardware Info
IMDb credits
Old 02-15-2016, 09:53 AM

And yep - working fine this morning in L.A.
System/Hardware Info
IMDb credits
Old 02-16-2016, 05:35 PM

I am in the same situation - purchased HD from CPTK upgrade etc. Same symptoms in Application Manager. Contacted support in October last year. Still no resolution. The support case even timed out twice. Not confident it will be fixed, which worries me because the update is due March '16. I don't even have a System ID or Additional Downloads listed in my Avid account, though they should be there. Not a good sign. I was really hoping Avid was turning the corner.
Old 02-16-2016, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega287 View Post
I am in the same situation - purchased HD from CPTK upgrade etc. Same symptoms in Application Manager. Contacted support in October last year. Still no resolution. The support case even timed out twice. Not confident it will be fixed, which worries me because the update is due March '16. I don't even have a System ID or Additional Downloads listed in my Avid account, though they should be there. Not a good sign. I was really hoping Avid was turning the corner.
A new Avid Application manager is out 2.5.2.160, check if it already appear in yours the update?

For my case, the symptoms of can't login disappeared. It seems that is working ok, let's see what happen in couple of days.

Regards

Dialog Editor, Sound Designer, Re-Recording mixer

nMacPro 6Core/D500/512GB/64Gb ram | PT HD 12 HDN Thunderbolt | HD OMNI | Avid Artist Mix | Novation Impulse 25 | Waves Mercury Native | Audioease All In Bundle | SoundToys | McDSP Classic Pack | DUY Overpack | Arturia Beatstep Pro
Old 03-08-2016, 08:24 AM

Just adding myself to this forum.... same problem... I do not own any subscriptions but I do up till July 2016
Old 03-10-2016, 10:09 AM

Application manager is such a piece of junk. I uninstalled it
it just spins and spins when I login
Funny so many other companies play this application registration game and they seem to work fine

So is this so hard?
Apparently so

Felt good to uninstall

Ventura ,PT 2022.10, MacbookPro 13"[2020] M1 16G, Antelope Orion 32+ Gen3..SSL Sigma summing, SMART Comp C1LA, CharterOak EQP-1 Oceanway Audio HR4S monitors . SSL X-Rack w XR618 compressors, dbx 160x [2]