How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2018

Old 02-20-2019, 06:36 PM

Default Re: AVID incredibly poor customer service

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtoolsLover View Post
I think that it’s unreasonable to expect any company to truly provide support. There are exceptions but most don’t.

Avid says they provide support, but it’s all marketing.

You’ve learned that most if not all issues can be resolved with the user group here.

Learn to use the forum, including search.....if it’s a real problem then lots of people will be experiencing it, if you are the only one or in the minority’s, it’s usuealy operator error, lack of understanding.
Not knowing what product aside owns, I think he can reasonably expect support if he's paying annually for a Pro Tools Support Plan, as support is what Avid is selling. I've had generally good results with Avid support so hopefully aside's experience is an exception they will address.

Sky

Mac Studio M2 Max 12/30/64GB/4TB, RME UFX III, Pro Tools Ultimate, MacOS Ventura.
Old 02-21-2019, 06:16 AM

I pay $400 a year for an "update and support" plan so I feel that it's entirely reasonable that I expect support as part of that plan. I would agree though that in Avid's case it's more about appearances than actual support.

I went through a period of experiencing similar problems to the OP and had a very similar experience with Avid support. Very slow responsiveness and very unhelpful when I could actually get a response. The guy who was assigned to my case seemed to be perpetually distracted and at one point actually said to me "It took 10 years for Digidesign to get a stable version, it will probably take us just as long." or something to that effect. Though probably true it's not exactly the sort of attitude I'm hoping to get for the (very high) price of my subscription.

On the bright side, though I never found a solution with support, Pro Tools and/ or Windows updates ended up taking care of my issues and now my rig is the most stable I've had since Pro Tools 8.
Windows 10 Pro
HD Native PCIe
Lynx Aurora with LT-HD
Apogee
Mytek
Old 02-21-2019, 06:21 AM

Avid should ask only 50% of the anual upgrading fee and send the customer to this forum for troubleshooting.
Old 02-21-2019, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepingtiger View Post
The guy who was assigned to my case seemed to be perpetually distracted and at one point actually said to me "It took 10 years for Digidesign to get a stable version, it will probably take us just as long."
Sniff sniff.. I smell something funky here. Being that Digidesign was bought by avid in 1994 that's basically when Pro tools 2 tdm came out........ the rebranding of the digidesign trade mark was in early 2009..... that means that Avid had a stable version way before that supposed statement.

Wave-T.com
Old 02-21-2019, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emcha_audio View Post
Sniff sniff.. I smell something funky here. Being that Digidesign was bought by avid in 1994 that's basically when Pro tools 2 tdm came out........ the rebranding of the digidesign trade mark was in early 2009..... that means that Avid had a stable version way before that supposed statement.
What do you mean? It’s 2019, is it going to be rebranded? ....Behringer, Pro Tools?!??
Old 02-22-2019, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emi View Post
What do you mean? It’s 2019, is it going to be rebranded? ....Behringer, Pro Tools?!??
No it means Avid dropped the brand Digidesign in 2009 15 years after purchasing it, only using the Avid brand for all their products. So the comment about taking 10 more years to get a stable version compared to digidesign smells bogus.

Wave-T.com
Old 02-22-2019, 04:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emcha_audio View Post
No it means Avid dropped the brand Digidesign in 2009 15 years after purchasing it, only using the Avid brand for all their products. So the comment about taking 10 more years to get a stable version compared to digidesign smells bogus.

You would have to talk to the Avid rep who said it to me. My point is that his comment was made in place of actually offering me the support I pay for. Obviously for some of us his comment has proven to be erroneous but then again, the OP is seeking help with instability in Pro Tools.
Windows 10 Pro
HD Native PCIe
Lynx Aurora with LT-HD
Apogee
Mytek
Old 02-22-2019, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aside View Post
Hi all - sorry to put this here, am pretty desperate and annoyed with my current plan.

AVID are jerking me around with support, or more accurately lack there of. Long story but in short, how the hell do I actually contact the company to make a complaint? There is a contact option to handle support or sales, nothing else that I can see.

I'm 5 weeks in on one support case and they just keep dropping the ball, with no workable solution in place yet.

While I'm here, has anyone else had to complain to AVID or been dissappointed with the so called support they offer? I don't think I've ever dealt with a company this hopeless at communicating.

Thanks.
if you go into the support area in you Avid online account there is a phone number you can call in Australia. I have used this before they were pretty helpful from memory. 02 9420 3066 Mon to Fri 10am to 7pm
2.2GHz 6 core 8 gen Intel Core i7 processor (TB’s to 4.1GHz)
32 Gb of 2400MHz DDR4, 1T SSD, Magic Mouse and Keyboard
Pro Tools 2022.7 -23.# - HEAT applied, RME Fireface UCX II
........and a bowl of M&M's
———————————————————————————
Old 02-23-2019, 05:56 PM

Digidesign had a bit of tendency to promote vapourware a-la-SillyConMan Vallee before Avid took over. That said, so many digidesign people moved to Avid that it looked more like digidesign had taken over Avid.
Old 02-24-2019, 04:26 AM

I can only speak from my own experience but whenever I’ve submitted a bug report the guys have almost always got back to me within 24 hours. I even got a (real, not automated!) reply to an email on a Sunday morning once which went way beyond my expectations. I’m sorry to hear the OP’s experience hasn’t been as good as mine.

Last edited by midnightrambler; 02-24-2019 at 04:37 AM.