Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-2005, 02:36 PM

Default Re: Software on the DUC

Hello Karel,
Just how long did it take you to find this thread ?
You know, I'm glad that general shuffling is being done. No one needs to complain anymore, that genuine help sections are invaded by OT posts !
Somebody is hard at work at HQ, putting Avid<Digi<Investors<ours,the end customers $$$ to good use ...
You need to upgrade to 002 man !

W7 pro 64_i7 3930K_16GB_ Nuendo 6.5.4-7.1.3 / PT 12.4 ------Mac Mini OSX Lion_PT 10.xx
Allen&Heath GS R-24M_ full rack of vintage analog boxes _UAD2_Nugen_iZotope_Melda_Waves_Plugin Alliance_DMG and more
2.0 and 5.1 monitoring
Old 01-11-2005, 07:14 AM

haha.i find most your posts fun provoking cowboy!! this iz serios place for all with question and you better go elsewher .we are the young generation and still learnin protool yo !

rezpekt
hb1
Old 01-11-2005, 07:43 AM

I totally missed this whole controversy....what happened?

I actually didn't read the duc bar & grill thread often; didn't have anything against it, I mainly check the latest stuff thread, and scan the page for posts of interest.

But graveleye, lemix, and all these other regulars are splitting.

There were a lot of references to ugly arguments, which I never saw. Can someone enlighten me?(without dredging up old flames, of course)

bp
Old 01-11-2005, 08:20 AM

OT posts got a bit inane and intrusive sometimes. A couple of nazis complained about un-American activities. Digi must've got bored of the whole thing, and I don't think they approved of the bar (and of course there's Avid nosing around) so they decided to move the Bar and other OT posts. Some of us said "No - don't do that!". Captain Pants came in and had a huge OTT rant at me, and how I didn't appreciate the threat of terrorism. A few guys posted vicious little attacks - one anonymously. Graveleye got really pissed at all this and said he was off. The arguing (and some winge-ing it has to be said) went on. Digi deleted the bar. Keith said 'that's it!' and is gone, deleting all his 1000 posts along the way. Andrew then spent 2 days saying goodbye in a thread also attacking Digi for - he claims - not policing piracy. Digi moved his Long Goodbye thread (and a few others at the same time) to here.

No-one's banned, Captain Pants must regret his big mouth, Keith's just getting on with it, and Andrew is left wondering if there's anything left to do with the rest of his life...

BTW you guys ever tried clicking on Digi Adim's own icon and then looking at 'users other posts'? The idea some folk here have that Digi is avidly (geddit?) watching everything and everyone closely is pure fantasy. I really doubt they ever bother to read half the stuff, but spend their time in Bazzle's jokes thread, Roy's sticky, or keeping abreast of the more intersting stuff (for them) in the TDM world.

My bet is some exec from Avid got an MBox from Digi for Xmas, couldn't get it working, had a look in here and said "What's all this [bleep]?" so Digi had to be seen to do something. Or some folk (you can waste energy guessing if you like) complained about anti-American sentiments. Beyond that, I doubt they care very much. Would you?

There's been some over-reacting, and some genuinely nasty stuff from people that looked like friends. Plus someone, who chooses to remain nameless, 'complained'. Digi could have avoided all this with a notice telling us to behave, but then it's easy to be critical in retrospect.

As to this thing about Digi deleting old threads because they hog computer resources - each post averages about 4kB, and there's what? 10 posts per thread? Go figure.

BTW BTW Badboy, I'll send you an email soon.

Old 01-11-2005, 08:23 AM

Well there hoody..
Aren't you the one ( with your possy Marvin and Slava ) who enquired about the 4Mboxes ??
Ha ha , to you too.
I see you are participating in the "Install bundled soft on another system? " thread on the Windows/Le forum. Do you think that poster is implying illegal software use ??

laterish cowboy

W7 pro 64_i7 3930K_16GB_ Nuendo 6.5.4-7.1.3 / PT 12.4 ------Mac Mini OSX Lion_PT 10.xx
Allen&Heath GS R-24M_ full rack of vintage analog boxes _UAD2_Nugen_iZotope_Melda_Waves_Plugin Alliance_DMG and more
2.0 and 5.1 monitoring
Old 01-11-2005, 08:35 AM

badperson ,

Karel has basically painted a decent picture of what has expired recently. No need to comment more.
As far as splitting, I have clearly indicated that my decision is voluntary and based on my disagreement with web administration practises. Namely, moving, then deleting the all time record holding Bar&Grill extravaganza...
Yet, some software piracy promoting or suggesting posts remained up on the DUC.
>There is a fresh one right now, see my post above<
I'm still posting in this thread, until it's removed or dies...
After that...

take care and happy tooling,

2.0 and 5.1 monitoring
Old 01-11-2005, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Digi could have avoided all this with a notice telling us to behave
i thought they did that already...
Old 01-11-2005, 09:12 AM

well it's not my intention to create polemic,
nor controled chaos, so
cheers
Old 01-11-2005, 09:28 AM

Quote:
a lot of people show their inner side just because the moment was taken like a war time, and were waiting their "law" to hang some people in a tree, and that the duc act should act just the same way their goverment has been acting allaround the world since the north atlantic thread was signed.
dude. get a life. you act as though you're being oppressed. this is a free internet. you have the right to say whatever you want. if you have something to say (and i'm not entirely sure you do based on your ramblings), then go start your own website/forum. i'm sure oppressed peoples from around the world will come sulk with you. try www.oppressedpeoples.com - i think its available.

wake up and smell the coffee. this doesn't have anything to do with censorship or anybody's law. its a commercial forum. start your own if you don't like it.
Old 01-11-2005, 09:30 AM

ok, got to put it out,
well, hi mr. lemixer,
yes it's me in the guitar,
pretty diferent than the thing
i put in the best of the duc hu?
it's one of some jazz impro exercises
i recorded in my old four track cassette tascam,
and for the people surrounding me
and my wife, they are theater students,
even when they look like gangsters