How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2012, 12:41 AM

Default registration and license issues

Hi.

I bought pro tools 9 with Mbox mini to be installed on my brand new imac 2012.
PT9 installed ok but wouldnt start, so I downloaded the free trial version of PT10 and installed that.
Now Im trying to get avid to register my copy of PT10. I have got a ticket with them but they dont seem to get it...
1. I need my PT10 registered
2. I need access to the downloads site so I can download and install tools and possible Virtual instruments etc...
3. I need ilok to recognise that I now have a legit version of PT10 instead of 'Trial'

What can be so hard about that... but Im not getting anywhere with the AVID support people.

This is so frustrating. There is no clear instruction on what to do when you have bought PT9 and want to run on Lion, no indication that it wouldnt run on Lion etc... etc...

Sorry about the rant )-:

AVID HELP ME!
Old 05-09-2012, 04:55 AM

Default Re: registration and license issues

If this was a new purchase of PT9 you should have gotten a free upgrade to PT10 with no need to download the trial version. And remember for PT10 you're going to need an iLok and you'll have to setup your iLok account BEFORE registering PT.

As to PT9 running on Lion there's been lots of talk about that here in the forums. The initial version will not run on Lion; you'll need the latest version. Do a forum search and you should find what you need here.

QAPLA!
Old 05-09-2012, 03:16 PM

Default Re: registration and license issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
If this was a new purchase of PT9 you should have gotten a free upgrade to PT10 with no need to download the trial version. And remember for PT10 you're going to need an iLok and you'll have to setup your iLok account BEFORE registering PT.

As to PT9 running on Lion there's been lots of talk about that here in the forums. The initial version will not run on Lion; you'll need the latest version. Do a forum search and you should find what you need here.
Ah. Thanks for that!
I knew I had a free upgrade but I was in the dark about how to... and was not supplied with a valid activation code for the downloads section... )-:
I have, meanwhile, received a favourable reply from avid. Now I have access to the downloads section and can download all the stuff I need.
I guess Im not going to worry about install PT9, since I now have 10. We'll see...