Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2001, 01:55 PM

Default Anyone using Nero....

I just bought a new Burner and am using Nero to burn CD's. It takes files off of other CD's and compiles wave files no problem. When I try to take a bounced Stereo wave file that I made in Protools and include it in the layout, It tells me that the format is not supported. I TRIPLE checked EVERYTHING! All files are 16 bit, 44.1 KHZ, Stereo files. Media player opens them fine. Their properties entries are identical. I even moved all the files (wave files rendered by nero from CD and Protools WAV files) to the same directory...still same message. Anyone seen this before? I need HELP!! I have to have 30 copies of a gentleman's sessions duped by FRIDAY!!!! Thanks in advance
Matt
Old 11-21-2001, 02:05 PM

Default Re: Anyone using Nero....

I had a somewhat similar problem. Make sure in the setup box before you bounce that you click on 16 bit. That was the only thing I had changed. I think the default was 24. I had no problem using nero after I did that. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-21-2001, 02:08 PM

Matt,

I use Nero with no problems. I've never seen that message, but I can tell that Nero works great for me. When you bounce to disk are you making split stereo files (two mono) or regualar stereo files? That's the only thing I can think of that might be wrong. Sorry I couldn't really help you.

James
Old 11-21-2001, 02:14 PM

All of my files are 16 bit 44.1 khz stereo interleaved.....My other burning program is now giving me the same errors. I don't get it. Media Player plays them flawlessly.
Old 11-21-2001, 02:27 PM

I had this problem as well. It seems that Nero doesn't like some of the optional header information that ProTools places in the .wav file. I built a small VB program to fix this problem. It is very specific to the particular version of Protools in use. I can send you a copy later if you like....

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Cinemafixer:
All of my files are 16 bit 44.1 khz stereo interleaved.....My other burning program is now giving me the same errors. I don't get it. Media Player plays them flawlessly.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 11-21-2001, 02:30 PM

dcraw - please send ASAP! I am using protools LE 5.1.1 I beleive. Can you elaborate on the header info that is causing the problems? Why aren't other users of Nero having the same problem? Any speculations? I am [email protected]. Thanks a lot!
Old 11-21-2001, 02:46 PM

It may be that they have different versions of NERO. I should be able to send you the program this evening.
The .wav specification allows for a bunch of optional stuff in the header of the .wav file (things like comments that Protools uses to keep track of unique files and regions). The program I built simply strips out everything but the required bits of the header (It leaves things like the bit rate, word size etc.)
Just make a copy of your file before you try my program on it, I don't want to be responsible for messing up your masters... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-21-2001, 02:52 PM

I REALLY appreciate the help. Thanks a lot.
Matt
Old 11-22-2001, 01:00 AM

Matt

I am using Nero 5.0 and encountered the same problem as you. Fortunately this problem can be fixed in Nero ( I accidentally stumbled across the solution). The problem is that I am writing to from work and am unable to give you the menu path (can't remember it right now) as to how I solved this problem. I will e-mail you as soon as I get home. If you have already figured it out, well then congrats !!!
Old 11-22-2001, 01:13 AM

I have the same problem with Nero/PTLE. I open the wav file in Sound Forge then resave it with the same name, it works fine then. It is an issue with the header. SF asks if you want to save the 'additional' information - just say no and save and it will then burn no prob.