Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2017, 03:17 PM

Default New Kontakt Update available - version 5.6.6

heads up new update for kontakt is now available - version 5.6.6

I haven't tried it yet,

.., but upon opening the new version I noticed..,

- it loaded my libraries very quickly ,

- and immediately noticeable was the removal of those tiny coloured DOTS above the keyboard keys (ie; to signify key-switching keys) ,

- and finally a much welcomed return back to the original Full Key of the keyboard being completely coloured (ie; to signify key-switching keys) (hooray)
Pro Tools 2021.6.0 Native * Slate Raven MTi-1 Version 3.9.1 * AVID MBox3 Pro * OSX Mojave 10.14.6 * MAC PRO (late 2013) * 3.0 GHz 10-Core Intel Xeon E5 * 64 GB Ram 1866 MHz DDR * AMD FirePro D700 6GB * Lacie LBD 1TB Thunderbolt 2 PCiE * Blackmagic Multidock Thunderbolt2 * Samsung SSD's 850 Pro * WD Black HDD's
Old 02-22-2017, 05:15 AM

Default Re: New Kontakt Update available - version 5.6.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seafoam_Green View Post
heads up new update for kontakt is now available - version 5.6.6

I haven't tried it yet,

.., but upon opening the new version I noticed..,

- it loaded my libraries very quickly ,

- and immediately noticeable was the removal of those tiny coloured DOTS above the keyboard keys (ie; to signify key-switching keys) ,

- and finally a much welcomed return back to the original Full Key of the keyboard being completely coloured (ie; to signify key-switching keys) (hooray)
I haven't tried it either and considering the weirdness that has accompanied the last few Kontakt updates I'm holding off until I read more about people's experiences with it. One thing I am not looking forward to is rebuilding my 'Quick Load' menu as I never use the browser). The first poster in this thread at the NI forums https://www.native-instruments.com/f...-query.314476/ has an issue that apparently the standalone version updated correctly but the one in his daw (Reaper) still shows the previous version number. No mention if the gui updated or what.

QAPLA!
Old 02-22-2017, 10:07 AM

New version is up for the free player as well - 5.6.6
RME, Daking, Heritage, ISA, Sytek

Old 02-23-2017, 04:58 PM

Grabbed the new update straight from my account instead of through Native Access due to certain problems mentioned over on the NI Kontakt forum. The various plugin versions updated no problem but not the standalone. Still shows K5.5.2 and the old gui (I previously had K5.5.2). I do like I didn't have to redo my 'quick load' menu like when the K5.6.x updates came out.

QAPLA!
Old 02-23-2017, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Grabbed the new update straight from my account instead of through Native Access due to certain problems mentioned over on the NI Kontakt forum. The various plugin versions updated no problem but not the standalone. Still shows K5.5.2 and the old gui (I previously had K5.5.2)
Thats odd, working fine here with latest versions . I used Native access BTW . Maybe try trashing Kontakt altogether then re-install ?
Pro Tools 2021.6.0 Native * Slate Raven MTi-1 Version 3.9.1 * AVID MBox3 Pro * OSX Mojave 10.14.6 * MAC PRO (late 2013) * 3.0 GHz 10-Core Intel Xeon E5 * 64 GB Ram 1866 MHz DDR * AMD FirePro D700 6GB * Lacie LBD 1TB Thunderbolt 2 PCiE * Blackmagic Multidock Thunderbolt2 * Samsung SSD's 850 Pro * WD Black HDD's
Old 02-24-2017, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seafoam_Green View Post
Thats odd, working fine here with latest versions . I used Native access BTW . Maybe try trashing Kontakt altogether then re-install ?
Like I said I skipped NA considering the troubles people seemed to be having over on the NI forums. I tried trashing the Kontakt standalone that's in the NI subfolder in Applications and reinstalling from the download - no joy - no standalone anywheres in the partition. Remember that I have two boot partitions so I figured let me look at the other one (OSX 10.8.5) and lo and behold the updated K5 standalone was in there. Why it went there I have no idea when all my other NI stuff is on my regular working boot partition (OSX 10.9.5). So I copied that over to my working partition so I could get a 'working' updated standalone.

Why the quote marks? Incorrect working of my volume pedal that worked before. It would change the volume of Kontakt and I could see that as the slider in Kontakt moved and I heard volume changes. But even with the pedal full up for zero volume I was still getting sound coming through. Turns out somehow the K5 standalone I copied over was responding at the same time. Apparently the standalone was opened in both partitions at the same time. So I deleted the standalone in OSX 10.8.5 and all is well (so far).

BTW the au, aax and vst Kontakt formats updated no problem - it was just the standalone. No answer as to why when I posted over on the NI forum.

QAPLA!