How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2018
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-16-2019, 02:58 PM

Default Deleting playlists in grouped tracks

Hello,

I have a session with 14 tracks of drums that are grouped. When doing recording, the drummer did multiple takes of the song.

There are about 25 playlists in this particular session, and when i put the drum tracks in playlist view, Pro Tools becomes so laggy it's practically unusable. I am assuming it's because I am viewing 25 playlists of 14 tracks each (so, 350 "tracks" at once just for drums.)

There are plenty of playlists that are not needed, but even when tracks are grouped, if I delete a playlist from one track (e.g. Snare.19), it does not delete the equivalent playlists on the other tracks (ie. Kick.19, Hats.19, etc.)

Any way to either quickly delete the unneeded playlists in total or to speed up my session while in playlist view?

Thanks!

Last edited by secutanudu; 01-16-2019 at 03:39 PM.
Old 01-16-2019, 06:51 PM

Default Re: Deleting playlists in grouped tracks

In the track head there should be blue boxes indicating that the track has playlists, click on one of them and select delete unused, then it will show a box with all the playlists on the session, you just have to remember the name of the ones you want to delete. This will delete the playlists but the audio will remain in the session folder
Old 01-16-2019, 07:13 PM

That is what I ended up doing. However, it would be really nice if I could select one playlist from a bunch of grouped tracks and delete all of the link playlists in one click instead of having to click everyone individually. Thanks for responding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-17-2019, 08:42 AM

Playlist management has a long way to go - if you've got 60 tracks of orch with 20 playlists and you need to delete playlists 2-11 you'll be there all day trying to sort through the "delete unused playlists" dialog.

----------------------------------------
Mac Studio / Ventura, PT 2023.12.HDX, Avid HD I/Os and Metric Halo ULN8, 3xS1/Dock
Also running a Mac Studio Ultra / Ventura / HDX / MTRX / S6