Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools | Intro Discussion

Old 07-22-2019, 08:33 AM

Default Re: Beyond Annoyed

Give up on cloud storage, it is all flakey as hell. Why anybody would risk their work on this is beyond me, given all the problems being repeated with so many users, including using space just like this. Buy real Pro Tools or get another DAW.
Old 07-22-2019, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
Give up on cloud storage, it is all flakey as hell. Why anybody would risk their work on this is beyond me, given all the problems being repeated with so many users, including using space just like this. Buy real Pro Tools or get another DAW.
Agreed, I won't be using it anymore. However, I'd really like my audio files back from the cloud........ They must be up there, or a version of them at least.
Old 07-22-2019, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatJo View Post
Agreed, I won't be using it anymore. However, I'd really like my audio files back from the cloud........ They must be up there, or a version of them at least.
Have you tried what Avid suggested and used Pro Tools Ultimate Trial to save the sessions. ... then export all the content/stems/mixes you want so you can reimport to another DAW. If you try that and get stuck then scream about it here and folks will get you help.
Old 07-22-2019, 10:17 AM

I haven’t done that but the problem is I don’t have anything to export. My project is in the cloud and won’t download. I appreciate that if it did download I could use the trial to export to what ever I want. But without being able to get it from the cloud in the 1st place I don’t know what I can do unless someone from avid will actually get me the audio files from the cloud and send them to me. Or am I missing something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-22-2019, 11:18 AM
Avid

Quote:
I haven’t done that but the problem is I don’t have anything to export. My project is in the cloud and won’t download. I appreciate that if it did download I could use the trial to export to what ever I want. But without being able to get it from the cloud in the 1st place I don’t know what I can do unless someone from avid will actually get me the audio files from the cloud and send them to me. Or am I missing something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Would you be okay if we reset your Password so we could try and access your projects?

-Tope
Old 07-22-2019, 11:20 AM
Avid

Currently seeing 709MB 2/3 projects.
You should be able to open Pro Tools First, sign in and be able to access your projects, not sure why it's not letting you. Let me know if you're okay with us resetting your Avid Account password so we could try and retrieve your 2 projects.

-Tope
Old 07-22-2019, 12:05 PM

Yesterday I disabled backup to cloud on 1 of my projects so now I only have 1 project in the cloud. It's called "When The World". I've attached a screenshot of what I see when I start up PTF. As you can see, there's a little alert triangle beside it and when I try and download it I get a "Failed: No project file" error.

This is the only project I now have in the cloud but the cloud still thinks I have 2. I'm only interested in this "When The World" project. Even if I could get the audio files back it would be great.

I've also attached a screenshot from Manage My Cloud where it says it have 2 projects (which I don't).

Anything you can do to help me get it back would be greatly appreciated. Please feel free to reset my password if it will help.

I'm currently using PTF at the moment, will resetting my password cause me any problems?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg open.JPG (38.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg cloud.jpg (25.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-22-2019, 01:36 PM
Avid

Quote:
Yesterday I disabled backup to cloud on 1 of my projects so now I only have 1 project in the cloud. It's called "When The World". I've attached a screenshot of what I see when I start up PTF. As you can see, there's a little alert triangle beside it and when I try and download it I get a "Failed: No project file" error.

This is the only project I now have in the cloud but the cloud still thinks I have 2. I'm only interested in this "When The World" project. Even if I could get the audio files back it would be great.

I've also attached a screenshot from Manage My Cloud where it says it have 2 projects (which I don't).

Anything you can do to help me get it back would be greatly appreciated. Please feel free to reset my password if it will help.

I'm currently using PTF at the moment, will resetting my password cause me any problems?
Shouldn't be a problem.
I've sent an Email with your new password. Also, it seems that your cloud account is not synced with your Avid Account, we might need to reset your cloud storage. Note that this will wipe out all projects but should fix the issue you're currently having. I'll let you know once I'm able to retrieve your project.

Tope
Old 07-22-2019, 01:46 PM
Avid

Now downloading your project. will update in a bit
Old 07-22-2019, 01:47 PM

Thanks! I appreciate your help on this!