Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-2013, 06:51 PM

Default Activation code missing?

Ok so I've had my protools 8 for a few years now and I just got an ilok and want to put the license on it, however when I go on my avid account it wants me to put in the activation code. Now I could have sworn I'd done it already but apparently I didn't, where can I find this code I have my box and everything that came in it but I don't see it. What I do have is an authorization code DIGI, yellow product registration with serial number and registration id. What should this activation code look like or start with?

HELP ME!!!!
Old 02-15-2013, 07:48 PM

Default Re: Activation code missing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by coris123 View Post
Ok so I've had my protools 8 for a few years now and I just got an ilok and want to put the license on it, however when I go on my avid account it wants me to put in the activation code. Now I could have sworn I'd done it already but apparently I didn't, where can I find this code I have my box and everything that came in it but I don't see it. What I do have is an authorization code DIGI, yellow product registration with serial number and registration id. What should this activation code look like or start with?

HELP ME!!!!
There is no iLok asset for Pro Tools 8.
M-Powered yes, LE no.
PT8LE is just an activation code.
It would look like this: DIGI0800 XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX
It was generally on the inside cover of the getting started guide.
It should also be in your account
Old 02-18-2013, 02:16 PM

Alright well I've had no problem using my protools 8 LE as I said I've been using it for a few years now the thing is I want to be able to use it without plugging in my mbox, I know in school we had used iloks for protools on all of the computers out of the studio, as far as I've been instructed all I had to do was create an ilok account, then go to avid send activation code confirming I own the software and they'll deposit my license in the account.
Would I have to upgrade to PT9 or something, this is really bugging me.
Old 02-18-2013, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coris123 View Post
Alright well I've had no problem using my protools 8 LE as I said I've been using it for a few years now the thing is I want to be able to use it without plugging in my mbox, I know in school we had used iloks for protools on all of the computers out of the studio, as far as I've been instructed all I had to do was create an ilok account, then go to avid send activation code confirming I own the software and they'll deposit my license in the account.
Would I have to upgrade to PT9 or something, this is really bugging me.
There is no iLok support for PT8LE, and there's no way to run 8LE without Avid hardware (Mbox, 003, etc.)
You'd need to move to 9 to be able to run without an Avid interface, yes.
Old 02-28-2013, 07:52 PM

Smile Re: Activation code missing?

You are the man! or maybe woman. Very much appreciated