Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-16-2012, 01:32 PM

Default Quickeys and Pro Tools 10 pop-up windows

I'm trying to automate some of my Pro Tools workflows via Quickeys, such as activating "touch" and "trim" mode on all tracks during mixing or my favorite "Import session data" presets. To do this, I'll have to automate a couple of steps involving Pro Tool's pop-up windows, which -alas - Quickeys doesn't recognize as such (the other possibility would be clicks which don't really work due to the differing setups between sessions). Does anybody have a nifty geek trick to remedy this situation? Is this something the Artist Controller could handle?
Old 01-16-2012, 03:19 PM

Default Re: Quickeys and Pro Tools 10 pop-up windows

Have you tried Quickeys "Mouse Recordings" ? As long as your windows are in exact positions this is awesome. I have standard Window Configurations that I import into any session that I am working on, and I will often incorporate one of my Window Configuration recalls into the actual Quickeys script as a first step. "Clicks" will also work when your window positions are exactly as programmed, thus allowing the co-ordinates to match.
Old 01-16-2012, 11:17 PM

Yes, I have, but that doesn't work for me. I'd considered window configurations as well, but I constantly move around when I mix, so that won't work. All of this is a bit academic anyways. I'd just love to have a one-button function to set all my tracks to my preferred automation mode without my having to consider anything else. If that's not possible, I'll continue to use my two-click version that'll get me there anyways. Any thoughts on the Artist Control?
Old 01-16-2012, 11:56 PM

I've never actually used the Artist Control, but after looking at it and seeing the aburdity of channel "On" buttons instead of "Mute" buttons, that are lit up when the track is not muted (the exact opposite of the software) I gave up looking any further into it. I had to laugh when they didn't even bother to change it when the recent Avid-branded version came out.
Old 01-17-2012, 02:38 AM

Ah, that doesn't bother me at all. I've worked with the Artist Mix for a while now, and it's a great controller. I love being able to do some intuitive roughs when I mix, which just isn't possible with a mouse or a controller that doesn't follow your screen (like the 003). And since Avid has talked up the programmable features of the Artist Control, so I'm quite curious.