How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-21-2011, 07:45 PM

Default changing ASIO driver

I just upgraded to PT9. The installation went OK and authorization fine. I could bring up a previous session but the I/O was all messed up. I also had a Lynx card installed on this PC so PT would only use the Lynx ASIO driver.

I would go to Setup/IO and could see the lynx ASIO driver as the default. I clicked on the long button about the previously installed configuration and I could see a picture of the Mbox2 Pro. But there was no way to save that configuration. Every time I would press OK and then look at Setup/IO again, the lynx ASIO driver was still the default. I could not find any way to change it.

So, I disabled the lynx ASIO driver, rebooted Windoz7 and brought PT9 back up. Then I got this message:

"The selected ASIO audio device could not be initialized. Please choose another audio device"

with 2 buttons, 'Quit' which exits PT, and 'OK' which brings up the 'Playback Engine' dialog. At the top of this dialog I can see that it is using the lynx ASIO driver because it it says: 'Current Engine: ASIO Lynx'

THERE IS NO WAY TO "CHOOSE" ANOTHER AUDIO DEVICE on this dialog!!

So now I am hoozed. PT tells me to change the audio device and then puts me in a dialog that does not give me ANY way to change the audio device--an endless circle.

I tried re-installing the Mbox2 Pro device driver--it installs just fine. Still, PT insists on using the ASIO Lynx driver even when it is no longer on my system!

I humbly submit that this is unacceptable. I should never get in an endless loop like this.

So, my question is how do I change the audio device?

-Andres