How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 07-11-2014, 06:43 PM

Default Re: Avid Downloads NOT working

Quote:
Originally Posted by gscaife View Post
Same problem here. I've tries Chrome, Firefox, and Safari. There seems to be an issue with the browsers resolving the DNS address. They cannot FIND the server address to begin the download.
The address is akmedia.digidesign.com but cannot be resolved - they could be having bandwidth problems due to high download traffic. I'll try late tonight and see if I can get through.
Old 08-02-2014, 10:38 AM

I've been having problems using avid's download manager, which is a javascript. I think it started when I updated java versions. I usually click the link to download without the download manager, but I've always liked the download manager and found it to be useful.

I am running Mac 10.7.5, Safari 6.1.3, and Java 7 update 65 (most recent from Oracle).
I noticed that the JavaApplet used to run the Download Manager is version 1.0 (perhaps the applet is out of date? they often change simple things like where a file has to be located in Mac that would cause this sort of problem)
Anyways,

Here is the error results from the Java Console:

java.io.FileNotFoundException: /Users/dariansmacbookpro/.DownloadManager/DownloadManagerList.dmc (Operation not permitted)
at java.io.RandomAccessFile.open(Native Method)
at java.io.RandomAccessFile.<init>(RandomAccessFile.j ava:241)
at com.akamai.dm.queue.DownloadListFile.loadFileConte nt(DownloadListFile.java:401)
at com.akamai.dm.queue.DownloadListFile.<init>(Downlo adListFile.java:80)
at com.akamai.dm.queue.DownloadListManager.initListFi le(DownloadListManager.java:1876)
at com.akamai.dm.queue.DownloadListManager.<init>(Dow nloadListManager.java:135)
at com.akamai.dm.queue.DownloadListManager.getDownloa dListManager(DownloadListManager.java:164)
at com.akamai.dm.ui.applet.DMApplet.init(DMApplet.jav a:145)
at com.sun.deploy.uitoolkit.impl.awt.AWTAppletAdapter .init(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2Manager$AppletExecutionR unnable.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
DMException=15 Type=3 inter ex=java.io.FileNotFoundException: /Users/dariansmacbookpro/.DownloadManager/DownloadManagerList.dmc (Operation not permitted)
at com.akamai.dm.queue.DownloadListFile.loadFileConte nt(DownloadListFile.java:508)
at com.akamai.dm.queue.DownloadListFile.<init>(Downlo adListFile.java:80)
at com.akamai.dm.queue.DownloadListManager.initListFi le(DownloadListManager.java:1876)
at com.akamai.dm.queue.DownloadListManager.<init>(Dow nloadListManager.java:135)
at com.akamai.dm.queue.DownloadListManager.getDownloa dListManager(DownloadListManager.java:164)
at com.akamai.dm.ui.applet.DMApplet.init(DMApplet.jav a:145)
at com.sun.deploy.uitoolkit.impl.awt.AWTAppletAdapter .init(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2Manager$AppletExecutionR unnable.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Old 08-02-2014, 11:42 AM
Admin Emeritus

Try the "Verify Java Version" applet here:
How do I install Java for my Mac?
Quote:
Test Installation
To test that Java is installed and working properly on your computer, run this test applet.
It may be because I am on Mavericks 10.9.4 and you are on OS X 10.7.5, but when I run that test, I get this:
"You have the recommended Java installed (Version 8 Update 11)."
Old 08-02-2014, 11:47 AM

Skip the DL manager and use the straight link provided on the same page
Old 08-11-2014, 04:49 PM

Same problem here!

Windows : ProTools : Media Composer both will not download from the following page... https://www.avid.com/subscriptions

Looks like you got serious DNS or bad links or a bad host. PLEASE FIX THIS!!!!!

Server not found

Firefox can't find the server at akmedia.digidesign.com.

Check the address for typing errors such as ww.example.com instead of www.example.com
If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.
If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

NSLOOKUP: akmedia.digidesign.com
NsLookup Query the DNS for resource records
domain query type
server query class
port timeout (ms)
no recursion advanced output
67.222.132.198 is a non-cached DNS Server

[67.222.132.198] returned a non-authoritative response in 352 ms:
Answer records
name class type data time to live
akmedia.digidesign.com IN CNAME akmedia.digidesign.com.edgesuite.net 60s (1m)
Authority records
[none]
Additional records
[none]

-- end --

NsLookup Query the DNS for resource records
domain query type
server query class
port timeout (ms)
no recursion advanced output
67.222.132.198 is a non-cached DNS Server

[67.222.132.198] returned a non-authoritative response in 141 ms:
Answer records
name class type data time to live
akmedia.digidesign.com.edgesuite.net IN CNAME a182.g.akamai.net 21600s (6h)
Authority records
[none]
Additional records
[none]

-- end --
Old 08-11-2014, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
Skip the DL manager and use the straight link provided on the same page
There is no "straight" download link on any of the web browsers I'm using (Firefox, Chrome, Safari, and even Opera) the only clickable link is the defining link itself, (ex: Pro Tools 11.2 Installer (Mac) (843.84 MB)) any link you click you get timed out on the website.

This is pretty upsetting seeing that its happened more then once throughout the years looking at older posts and what searching for the last 6 hours has turned up. I paid a lot of money for Pro Tool 10/11 bundle I expect it to work.

If anyone has any information on how to get the download links to work through "My Products and Subscriptions" let me know before I go insane!
Old 08-11-2014, 08:23 PM

Same exact problem here. I've tried most of the solutions suggested in this thread to no avail.
Old 08-11-2014, 09:44 PM

I am having the same exact problem. It took my activation and setup my license in iLok. But when I try to download it fails and says server or file not found.
Old 08-11-2014, 09:48 PM

This is also happening to me as well. Its no longer an issue of user but an issue within Avid itself. I really really really hope they fix this soon, for how much we pay to use their product its a pretty rookie mistake on their part.
Old 08-11-2014, 10:17 PM

Original poster here -

The way I finally got it to work was going to the Java site and looking up the latest version for my OS, download and install. That fancy Download Manager they use uses Java.

I also restarted all my routers and cable modem, just to get a fresh latch onto Comcast, in case that was the problem.

Then, it worked - but only once. Later in the day it didn't work. Then, a couple days later it worked great. So the server is intermittent too.

Also, to those who say just use the alternate link provided in the Download Manager - The problem is that the Download Manager window never opens, sometimes I got an empty white box.

BUT NOW at least toward the end of that experience, I was able to download everything I needed. I have not tried it since around July 21. Obviously some folks are having new problems….
Pro Tools 10/11 HD, Mac OS 10.8.2, Mac Pro 2 x 2.4 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon (June 2012) 64 Gig RAM, Avid HDX Card, OMNI HD I/O, 192 HD 16x16, Artist MC Control, Firewire audio drives, Sony Bravia 42" HDMI monitor, Acer 24" monitor