Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2019

Old 12-08-2019, 02:35 PM

Default Re: Anyone know the exact path to delete temp files that PT puts in the drive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Thanks for the answer to my question about TM. I know about CCC creating snapshots it was what happens (or doesn't) native to High Sierra as regards snapshots.
How does one find and remove the CCC snapshots and can they be removed without issues?

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 12-08-2019, 05:02 PM

Default Re: Anyone know the exact path to delete temp files that PT puts in the drive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
How does one find and remove the CCC snapshots and can they be removed without issues?

https://bombich.com/kb/ccc5/leveragi...n-apfs-volumes

That should give you all the info you need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-08-2019, 05:06 PM

Awesome!

You are the Best! Thank you soo much

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 12-09-2019, 12:16 PM

Chris, I can double check you have all this worked out next year you invite me to your place
Old 12-10-2019, 03:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Jenssen View Post
Again, Daisydisk makes this, finding what's using space, really easy, I promise:
DaisyDisk - Analyze disk usage and free up disk space on Mac
Hey Guys

I just wanted to say a Big Warm Thank You to All of You! Really great advice and ideas and thoughts. I am proud to be a part or this forum as when it counts we can all get together and solve issues and help eachother in a great manner!

Again Thank You for all the suggestions. I ended up getting DaisyDisk that Ben posted about. It is soo skmple yet really powerful and as you said easy to understand when that part of the tech isn’t greatly understood by the user (Me)!

Ran it a few times and found many files I had no idea they were there as those didn’t come up showing the large GB they took up.

For example Spotify had taken 22GB of space and God knows what it was but my guess is a lot of cached files and saved songs we never saved for offline listening and also found some 12GB UVI Synsations library files I was certain was on a library SSD which was 11GB library that was super easy to move. And hidden files around 20 GB that was deleted and also a guitar plugin I never used which was another 8.6GB and a few more

So in total my system usage is around 39GB which Sardi said pretty spot on and now I have almost 100GB extra space to play with so used GB is now 122GB out of the 250GB internal drive so npw that app is going to the studio and look thru our 3 trashcans there before I remove the SSD backups and wipe them clean in preparedness for the 2 shiny new Mac Pro 2020 we ordered today

Jeez ... Apple really know how to charge for their name and design as those two MP’s were not cheap

So again Thank you all and I will do a short unpqcking video of the MacPro’s as soon as they arrives just for fun and to help some of you guys who wanna see them in action and by a unbiased user

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 12-10-2019, 08:07 AM

I'm glad to hear that it worked out.
Looking forward to the video.