Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools SE and Essential (Mac)

Old 04-12-2010, 05:13 PM

Angry Where is THE REAL download link for: Essential 8.0.3 Update for Mac OS X

Someone please help me find the actual download page for Pro Tools M-Powered Essential 8.0.3 Update for Mac OS X. Avid links go around circles, and finally land me on an update for WINDOWS! I just bought the bundled keyboard with the 8.0.2 disk which fails to install. Very frustrating.

Please help!! Thanks.
Old 04-12-2010, 05:46 PM

Post Re: Where is THE REAL download link for: Essential 8.0.3 Update for Mac OS X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granof View Post
Someone please help me find the actual download page for Pro Tools M-Powered Essential 8.0.3 Update for Mac OS X. Avid links go around circles, and finally land me on an update for WINDOWS! I just bought the bundled keyboard with the 8.0.2 disk which fails to install. Very frustrating. Please help!! Thanks.
http://www3.digidesign.com/index.cfm...&categoryid=36 is the old page.

http://avid.custkb.com/avid/app/self...p?DocId=362815 is the new page.
Old 04-16-2010, 01:59 PM

Default Re: Where is THE REAL download link for: Essential 8.0.3 Update for Mac OS X

Thanks for the link. The problem is that I cannot get 8.0.2 for Mac OSX to install on any computer. I've tried three different Mac with the latest OS 10.6.3 and it just hangs before completion. Also, I've created new users on these computers, and it still fails to install.

Is there a full download, or disk that I can order? Any advice?
Old 04-21-2010, 03:34 PM
Avid

Default Re: Where is THE REAL download link for: Essential 8.0.3 Update for Mac OS X

You don't install 8.0.2 on 10.6; you should use the 8.0.3 updater to do a complete install using the 8.0.2 DVD; see the installation video guide at http://www.m-audio.com/essentialFAQ
Old 04-27-2010, 05:29 PM

Unhappy KeyStudio Plugged In - Hardware not found.

Pro Tools M-Powered Essential 8 is installed with 8.0.3 updater for the Mac 10.6.3. I can get the software to start, but I get the following error message:

"unable to locate M-Audio hardware. Make sure your hardware is connected and turned on."

USB cable connected between the KeyStudio and the Mac. Also, I have downloaded the Micro_OSX_1.7.2-1.dmg driver.

Please help.
Old 04-27-2010, 05:51 PM
Avid

Post Re: KeyStudio Plugged In - Hardware not found.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granof View Post
Pro Tools M-Powered Essential 8 is installed with 8.0.3 updater for the Mac 10.6.3. I can get the software to start, but I get the following error message:
"unable to locate M-Audio hardware. Make sure your hardware is connected and turned on."
USB cable connected between the KeyStudio and the Mac. Also, I have downloaded the Micro_OSX_1.7.2-1.dmg driver.
Please help.
The Micro is a different hardware interface so you should remove that driver. If you have a KeyStudio 49i, you should install the driver for that product.
http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do=...drivers&f=1050
Old 04-28-2010, 06:20 PM

Thanks once again for your fast response. I have already downloaded the driver, and I still receive the same error. Please, I'm on the verge of deciding whether or not it still worth pain of keeping the product...
Old 04-29-2010, 02:32 PM
Avid

What products do you have? Did you purchase the Pro Tools KeyStudio which includes the KeyStudio Keyboard and Micro USB Audio interface? If so, Pro Tools is looking for the Micro. If you have a KeyStudio 49i audio interface keyboard, you need to install its latest drivers.