Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 04-26-2010, 11:29 PM

Default Midi and Audio Punch in and Out not consistent. On Purpose?

Okay. So MIDI and Audio Punch in and out should be consistent, right? Maybe not????

Let's say you want to punch in at measure 4 and be out at Measure 5. You set the pre-roll to measure 2, make the selection between 4-5 and set a couple measures of post-roll. Now say you accidentally hit spacebar instead of record. Well, if you then press record (Quick Punch Mode), you will get different results depending on whether you are recording MIDI or Audio.

MIDI
Will instantly start recording even though it in the pre-roll section. At this point, it will also ignore the punch out and continue to record just as if you had played from the pre-roll and did a quick punch.

AUDIO

Will wait until after the Pre-roll is over to punch you in. It will continue to act as if you had pressed the record button from the beginning. In other words, it will punch in where your cursor was and punch out where your post roll begins.

I guess this post is really just an FYI. I get messed up on these not being consistent. But oh well.
Noisebox Studios -Utah Recording Studio