Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2016, 05:42 AM

Default Renewing Upgrade Plan: New iLok Asset or old one extended?

On 12/4/16 I purchased from the Avid Store a one year extension for my Pro Tools Upgrade plan only (no Support). Looking online at my Avid Master account, my Pro Tools Plan is good through 12/14/17, so it would seem that the purchase was successful.

But Avid has not deposited a new iLok asset to my account, nor has there been any change in the expiration date of my previous plan (which expired on 12/14/16).

According to my frustrating, slow and unhelpful exchanges with Avid customer "care", I should be getting a new asset, the old one will not extend. But the person helping me won't seem to actually deposit the new asset and, in spite of me asking 3 different ways, doesn't seem to understand my issue.

Please, can a Moderator here either (1) help me get the asset I paid for on 12/4/16 deposited to my account, or (2) explain to me how this is supposed to work if my understanding is incorrect?

Why is simply extending my Pro Tools plan so difficult? Thanks for any help you can provide.

[FYI, my support case for this issue is: 03097470 ]
Late 2013 Mac Pro (trashcan), 2.7 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon E5, 64 GB 1866 MHz DDR3 ECC, AMD FirePro D300 2048 MB, Startup disk SSD 512. OSX 10.15.7, Pro Tools 2022.10. Carbon (AVB), Lynx Aurora 16(n) (Thunderbolt)
Old 12-19-2016, 05:54 AM

Default Re: Renewing Upgrade Plan: New iLok Asset or old one extended?

On it. Hang tight and someone will reply either via your support code or email.

Best of Luck and sorry to hear about this.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 12-19-2016, 06:58 AM

Thank you for the prompt reply! I appreciate it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Late 2013 Mac Pro (trashcan), 2.7 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon E5, 64 GB 1866 MHz DDR3 ECC, AMD FirePro D300 2048 MB, Startup disk SSD 512. OSX 10.15.7, Pro Tools 2022.10. Carbon (AVB), Lynx Aurora 16(n) (Thunderbolt)
Old 12-20-2016, 01:42 PM

Thank you for renewing! Checked your case and the agent was correct but perhaps could have explained it better. Everything is actually current with your product.

There are 3 licenses/bundles in question here...

Pro Tools Perpetual Bundle (with 10/11/12) is your main Pro Tools license. It authorizes Pro Tools versions from 10.0 on, and was updated when you renewed your Upgrade Plan. (Check the Release Limit date in Details for that bundle in iLok License Manager which should correspond to your Plan's end date.) Since your Plan is active you will continue to get new PT releases via your Avid account and Application Manager which can be used with this license bundle.

Pro Tools Plan (like Pro Tools HD Plan) authorizes the bonus plug-ins. Since you didn't renew the Plug-Ins and Support Plan this subscription license expired so will no longer authorize Space 12.1.

Upgrades was originally included with the Plans but never implemented. This subscription license can be ignored.

Note that you can use the Hide command on any license in iLok License Manager to clean up your main view.

Hope this info helps.
Old 01-07-2017, 07:42 AM

Thanks, Jeffro! This extremely clear explanation really helps. Hopefully others will find this information helpful too. I appreciate you taking the time to explain. Happy new year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk