Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2012, 10:39 PM

Default Re: Need help setting up Pre Fade Listen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatbeatstudio View Post
If your gonna do all that why not just use sends? works the same way. almost
Because solo-button works so much faster. You want to be fast when you're live...
Old 07-19-2012, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatbeatstudio View Post
If your gonna do all that why not just use sends? works the same way. almost
Would you care to elaborate?

Steven.

What we provide is an atmosphere... of orchestrated pulse which works on people in a subliminal way. Under its influence I've seen shy debs and severe dowagers kick off their shoes and raise some wholesome hell..
Old 07-20-2012, 04:20 AM

I think he meant that all tracks would have a send to the monitor output of your choice, then you would have a solo button on the given send. Sure, it works, but it's slower because you first need to open the send and then click the solo button.
Old 07-21-2012, 03:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
I think he meant that all tracks would have a send to the monitor output of your choice, then you would have a solo button on the given send. Sure, it works, but it's slower because you first need to open the send and then click the solo button.
That's exactly it! I just wanted to know if it would work just like a console, quick and simple.

Alongside the protools rig I'm spliting all feeds to and from the stage box to an analog desk as a back-up incase things go belly-up with the computer side of thins so, I guess I can route the PFL hardware outs to a spare channel in the desk and monitor the PFL from there.

I've just had a brain wave!! What if, I sent the PFL out to the analog desk and then routed it back to the Command 8 main in and just used the Command 8 to monitor PFL; like this: 192 outs 1-2 (main) to FOH, 192 outs 3-4 to stage monitors, 192 outs 5-6 (PFL) to analog desk, analog desk to main in on Command 8.

So all I can hear through the command 8 is, when activated within protools, PFL. I can still visually monitor levels just like I would with a console, make changes to levels by referencing with FOH and, listen for other problems through PFL! What do you think?

I hope this makes sense..

Steven.

What we provide is an atmosphere... of orchestrated pulse which works on people in a subliminal way. Under its influence I've seen shy debs and severe dowagers kick off their shoes and raise some wholesome hell..
Old 07-21-2012, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
Because solo-button works so much faster. You want to be fast when you're live...
Yes I concede ,not the best idea but it works.
there is a extra step though and thats something a real pro would want to avoid if at all possible