How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2016, 09:04 PM

Default Re: PT & Orion 32 - playback issues at low buffer settings

Yes!
This makes sense, and thank you for the insight TNM.
I was skeptical of the conclusion Antelope support came to from the Reaper test.

I've been running the Orion for about a week and have successfully tracked through it for several sessions. I find using the Orion with the buffer set to 256 and the USB setting at MIN LATENCY seems to be the equivalent of tracking through the 002R with the buffer at 64. I'll have to run some tests to measure the actual latency.

So it's working, but I would still like to be able to utilize the lower buffer settings and super low latency that Antelope boasts. I do have PT11 but have been running on 10 with good stability (also some Massey plugins won't work on 11) so haven't been running 11, it's worth a test though. I'll install and try 11 on my secondary system with the Orion and we'll see how that goes.

Another thing I noticed today is that when I open a PT session of a sample rate different than the last one I was working with, I have to restart PT and set the Orion clock again.

Example:
Mix session at 48k. Finished.
Close PT, set Orion clock to 44.1k, open 44.1 session, clock error message.
Close PT, set clock again, reopen session, works.

So it seems to want to only work at the sample rate of the last session that was running. Requires an extra PT restart every time to change clock effectively.