Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-29-2007, 10:53 AM

Default Protools 7.3 and Logic Compadibility

Hi.
I just upgraded to a mac pro running pro tools 7.3 with a 192 I/O. I have logic 7.2 installed (along with the ESB TDM driver). When I start Logic, and open Audio Hardware and Drivers, there is no DAE or Direct TDM tabs (only Core audio). I know everything is installed correctly, and my hardware is running correctly. Does anyone know why this is happening? Is it that logic does not support the newest Digidesign hardware and software? or is there a step im missing?

Thanks
Old 01-29-2007, 05:41 PM

Default Re: Protools 7.3 and Logic Compadibility

It appears that Logic won't work on DAE with an intel MacPro.
Old 01-30-2007, 02:49 AM

Logic Pro is definitely not compatible with INTEL based ProTools HD systems. You will be able to use your TDM-Hardware by using the Digidesign CoreAudio driver.

An Apple rep told me at NAMM: Logic Pro MacPro TDM support is still under development. A ProTools update is required for this,
eventually coming around NAB.

I wouldn't be too optimistic for a INTEL TDM compatible verrsion of Logic Pro before July...

Best,
M.K.BEAT
Old 01-30-2007, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Logic Pro is definitely not compatible with INTEL based ProTools HD systems. You will be able to use your TDM-Hardware by using the Digidesign CoreAudio driver.

An Apple rep told me at NAMM: Logic Pro MacPro TDM support is still under development. A ProTools update is required for this,
eventually coming around NAB.

I wouldn't be too optimistic for a INTEL TDM compatible verrsion of Logic Pro before July...

Best,
M.K.BEAT
Logic-TDM will still be a no-go for me unless they can make stereo tracks appear in the arrange window the same way they do in the "Universal Mode" in Native, as one track. Trying to insert a new DAE stereo track for a new take on the same audio channel feels silly. You have to insert a 2 new tracks, one for each side, then double-check that they're the ones that belong together. It shouldn't matter that the soundfiles aren't interleaved. ProTools makes stereo tracks just fine.

Then stereo tracks in the mixer window should appear with separate pan controls for each side.

If they can't bring it up to a basic level of mixing functionality, I'm sticking to Native in Logic, using ADAT cables to bring it into ProTools if I need to.

And if they really want to grab the brass ring, they could make RTAS work within Logic, processing as well as software instruments. With freeze! MOTU got it working, why can't Logic?

Excuse me...just dreaming for a moment....