Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-2024, 10:11 AM

Default Midi Keyboard problems with Windows 11

M-audio Axiom 25 recognized by PT 11, in my win 11 system. Instrument and MIDI tracks set up. Cannot get PT to recognize any input from the controller. Followed every youtube video out there. Tested the keyboard which is sending info to the computer just fine. M-audio tech's say there are no drivers for the controller (I find strange). I am out of ideas so reaching out. I have followed everything in this and other post here in DUC. Need suggestions please. The controller was working prior to win11...
Old 01-15-2024, 04:43 PM

Default Re: Midi Keyboard problems with Windows 11

Have you tried installing the last Axiom 25 driver available? It looks like the same driver worked for multiple generations of the Axiom 25. The gen 2 driver was available through Windows 10.
https://www.m-audio.com/support/drivers-search

Mac Studio, 64GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, Glyph 2TB USB3 HDD, OWC drive dock, Mac OS Monterey 12.6.8

Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.9, HD Native, Focusrite Red 8Pre

Presonus Faderport, Pro Tools | Control
Old 01-16-2024, 08:48 AM

Default Re: Midi Keyboard problems with Windows 11

Have you gone into Setup>Midi>Midi Studio and created a new "instrument"? On Windows, this seems to matter a lot, so start there. You create a new instrument, name it as you like(name is not important). Brand and model are also optional. The crucial setting is the Input Path. If the keyboard is not an available choice(it would like something like "M-Audio Axiom USB[Emulated]"), then it needs a driver. You can leave all 16 Midi Channels selected for now. This lets PT know where to "look for" incoming midi data. Once that is done and saved, test by creating a stereo Instrument track. Insert a VI plugin(MiniGrand is good for testing), enable record on the track and play your midi keyboard. Hopefully, you will hear some piano

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave