Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-27-2009, 08:59 AM

Default Slipping Audio Within a region

I just saw a video for the Euphonix MC Control and in it they showed slipping audio within a region using their jog shuttle wheel. How do you do that?
Old 01-27-2009, 09:22 AM

Default Re: Slipping Audio Within a region

In Pro Tools, you have a few ways of slipping audio(depending on what you mean by "slipping"). Assuming you mean moving a piece of audio forward or backward in the time line, you can highlight the audio and hit Alt-h and type in how much you want it to move. You can also highlight the audio and hit Ctrl-e to make it into its own region and you can either drag it or use the nudge command(and set your preferred nudge value). Another way is to enable Elastic Time on the track, show worp markers and drag a few around(just make sure you drop some anchors on either side of your intended work area). Elastic Audio is really cool but practice on an old session(and don't save when you close) so you can get used to it(and see what happens when you mess up).

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 01-27-2009, 09:39 AM

Thanks for that. I realize that I didn't describe what I meant very well. What I saw in the video is that the region itself was standing still, but the audio waveforms were moving (scrolling) inside the region.

This would be really helpful comping tracks where you need to line up the end of the wave form. You could just leave the region sitting inplace and slip the audio itself till the wave form matched the attached audio region.

Does that make sense? For a video example of what I mean, check this out. the example is about a third of the way through the video where he's talking about the wheel.

http://www.euphonix.com/artist/produ...t_protools.php
Old 01-27-2009, 11:48 AM

Not exactly slipping, but nudging audio inside a region (on a peecee):

Windows + NumPad+
Windows + NumPad-
Old 01-27-2009, 12:34 PM

Thanks Lego,

That led me in the right direction. On a mac it turns out to be the "control" button in place of the "windows" button.