Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 05-02-2011, 11:06 AM

Exclamation HELP! Cannot install Mbox2/ProTools 8: data2.cab and digisptiservice errors

Please help. When trying to setup my Mbox 2 with ProTools LE 8.0, I get the following errors:

It begins to install but then stops at data2.cab - "cyclical redundancy check". I click OK. Then immediately after it stops at digisptiservice - "Error: -1". I click OK. Then this last round of trying to install I got the above but then got "Updated Tpkd driver needed and a reboot. Please reboot and reinstall software." I rebooted, and same as above occurs.

What the heck is going on?
Old 05-02-2011, 11:40 AM
Avid

Post Re: HELP! Cannot install Mbox2/ProTools 8: data2.cab and digisptiservice errors

Sorry to say it sounds like a bad disc.

We just sent a DigiDelivery link to your registered DUC email address so you can download the v8 installer.

Please see kb355241 for subsequent updates that might be needed depending on your Operating System.
Old 05-02-2011, 09:36 PM

Exclamation Re: HELP! Cannot install Mbox2/ProTools 8: data2.cab and digisptiservice errors

Thank you. After the long download from asperasoft, I was able to "start" ProTools. However, it will not get past "Structure.dpm" in it's start up. I've left it alone for over an hour, rebooted, repeat....all to find it's "Not Responding". Please help. This is unacceptable. What's next? Thank you!
Old 02-05-2012, 03:40 PM

Exclamation Re: HELP! Cannot install Mbox2/ProTools 8: data2.cab and digisptiservice errors

I just purchased a copy of PT M-powered 8, for which I paid big money here in Argentina, and it came with a bad disc too. I already copied all the files from the installer disc to my hd to try an install from my hd but I can't copy data2.cab and I keep getting a "cyclic redundancy check" error message. Please send me the links so I can get this over with..... BTW, how do I get the free download links to upgrade to PT 9 MP??
THX...

---------------------------
Disregard the question about the update to pt9 since I've already received an e-mail on that matter... But I still need the link to data2.cab .... Please, HELP asap.... Looking forward to your prompt answer.
Old 05-23-2012, 09:54 AM

Default Re: HELP! Cannot install Mbox2/ProTools 8: data2.cab and digisptiservice errors

Please help. When trying to setup my Mbox 2 with ProTools LE 8.0, I get the following errors:

It begins to install but then stops at data2.cab - "cyclical redundancy check". I click OK. Then immediately after it stops at digisptiservice - "Error: -1". I click OK. Then this last round of trying to install I got the above but then got "Updated Tpkd driver needed and a reboot. Please reboot and reinstall software." I rebooted, and same as above occurs.

What the heck is going on?

I am experiencing this same problem!!!