Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 08-18-2009, 08:12 AM

Post Loss of plug in authorization key warning

I am getting a warning dialog box which reads:
Warning loss of plug-in authorization keys may occur

This system contains one or more drives formatted with NTFS which have volume names longer than 11 characters,this combination is known to corrupt some interlok plug-in authorizations,if you know which drives are authorized and they are not configured in this way ,or if you have no interlok protected plug-ins then you may continue,in order to remedy this issue before corruption can occur click yes to quit pro-tools and rename NTFS volumes to names that are 11 characters or less

Next relaunch pro-tools and this dialog should not appear.

I have tried renaming a drive by typing ntfs in windows search and getting a list of what i think were ntfs drives, then right clicked on one of the drives from the list, i renamed the drive to a shorter version , restarted the computer & tried to launch the program related to the renamed drive, windows couldnot find the file, obviously this did not work.

I would be greatful if someone could explain how to locate these drives and then rename them.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:20 AM

Default Re: Loss of plug in authorization key warning

• Open "My Computer".
  • For any drive listed that is named with more than 11 characters (spaces count), right click the drive and select "rename"
  • type a name that is less than 11 characters, including spaces, and hit return/enter

Studio rig: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, Intel i7 920, 6GB Patriot DDR3, NVidia 8600GS, LG GGW-H20L BD-RE, Sony CRX195E1 CD-RW, 2x WD Caviar black 640GB (os swap), 1x WD caviar 320GB (sessions), 1x Maxtor 120GB (sessions), 1x Seagate 1TB (samples/loops), Profire2626, Command8, PT12 on OSX

Mobile Rig: 2015 MacBook Pro Retina, Apollo Twin, PT12
Old 04-01-2010, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spkguitar View Post
  • Open "My Computer".
  • For any drive listed that is named with more than 11 characters (spaces count), right click the drive and select "rename"
  • type a name that is less than 11 characters, including spaces, and hit return/enter

That worked.

thanks!
Old 04-01-2010, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spkguitar View Post
  • Open "My Computer".
You're still among us, in ways.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2023 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 08-26-2014, 06:29 AM

2014 and protools still can't read a stupid HD with >11 characters.
now i have to rename my HD. rescan all instruments in kontakt
rebuild data base in players and stuffs for one single PT session that i won't work with anyway.
dam no surprise i went on cubase years ago
Old 01-10-2016, 12:35 PM

An external hard drive seems to have caused the problem resulting in the "Loss of plug in authorization key warning." I had never plugged in my Seagate external hard drive into this PC before, and the plug in warning had never appeared before. When I ejected and removed the external hard drive, the error did not appear anymore. Also, I did not rename any drivers.