Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 05-21-2009, 04:16 PM

Default The description for Event ID 0 from source digiSPTIService cannot be found

i first posted this in another thread, but it's getting buried, and i would like digi/avid to comment on it if possible. i realize i'm running win7 64-bit right now, which is dually unsupported, but this also happened in the 32-bit version and in Vista 32, which should be supported.

why is PT8 "seeing" an alt-down, but apparently not "letting go"? this has happened with 3 different keyboards in Vista and Win7, so it's got to be a PT bug of some sort. It also happened with absolutely no plugins installed whatsoever, so it's not a plugin issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msg6794 View Post
it's got something to do with the alt key. i haven't yet exactly determined what keystrokes/mouse combos do it, but i can make PT stop being able to play and refuse to let me move the cursor by messing around for a few minutes hitting play/stop with the space key, alt-scroll zooming, and shift-scroll scrolling in rapid succession (stuff that i do all the time when editing a session normally). after three or four minutes MAX of doing all that zooming in, playing, stopping, scrolling, etc., it happens. it acts like the alt key is stuck down somehow.

i shot some video (http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=e7ymja&s=5) to show what happens after it gets messed up (in win7 32). any suggestions on what might be causing this would be appreciated!
so in windows event viewer, after this alt-bug thing popped up again just now, i found these errors, both posted at the same time stamp one right after the another:

Quote:
The description for Event ID 0 from source digiSPTIService cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

Service started
Quote:
The description for Event ID 0 from source digiSPTIService cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

Service stopped
Digi, any explanation for this or ideas on how to fix it?? From a quick search it seems like digiSPTIService is related to ripping audio from a CD? I'm not doing anything with a CD when this happens...
Old 05-21-2009, 04:55 PM
Avid

Default Re: The description for Event ID 0 from source digiSPTIService cannot be found

Dare I point out that no version of Windows 7 is supported or qualified yet?

I'll see if I can find some time to look into this, in any case...
Old 05-21-2009, 05:28 PM

Default Re: The description for Event ID 0 from source digiSPTIService cannot be found

I realize that, but as I said, this also happened quite often in Vista 32-bit, so hopefully you can find something!
Old 05-24-2009, 09:03 AM

I dont know about the alt key issue but I do have events in my log similar to the one discribed above.
My profile has my DAW specs but I'm running XP sp3 with LE 7.4 cs8. I also had the events showing up when running LE 7.3.
I have no plug-ins installed. It seems to be writing this event everytime I open ProTools.