Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)

Old 05-08-2007, 09:40 PM

Default \"WARNING Loss of Plug-In authorization keys may occur\"

Yea, so I'm trying to start up my Pro Tools 7.0 session, and I'm getting this warning message:

"WARNING Loss of Plug-In authorization keys may occur.
This system contains one or more drive(s) formatted with NTFS, which have volume names longer than 11 characters. This combination is known to corrupt some InterLok Plug-In authorizations. If you know which drives are authorized and they are not configured this way, or if you have not INterLok protected plug-ins, then you may continue. In order to remedy this issue before corruption can occur click "Yes" to quit Pro Tools and rename NTFS volumes to names that are 11 characters or less. Next, re-launch Pro Tools and this dialog should not appear."

I have no idea what the hell it's talking about, and I'm afraid of losing my plug-in authorizations if I ignore the warning and continue. I notice that I have not had this problem until I did my last "Windows Update" earlier today. Not sure if it has anything to do with it. Please help!!
Old 05-09-2007, 07:54 AM

Default Re: \"WARNING Loss of Plug-In authorization keys may occur\"

You can fix this easily by renaming your hard drive to less than 11 characters. I had named one of my drives "music_file_backup" and got the same error. By renaming it to "Music_BU" I was able to launch protools without this warning.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:29 PM

Default Re: \"WARNING Loss of Plug-In authorization keys may occur\"

Thank you SO much! That worked right away - you rock!!!