How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2017, 12:42 AM

Default Line input L&R Issue

Hi all

This is my first post here but have had my 11R for about five years. Any help on this problem would be greatly appreciated. I want to use the line input of the 11R for my synth to free up inputs on my interface (Apogee Quartet). The issue is I cannot get a stereo signal on the outputs. I have the main outputs connected to the interface inputs and I have panned the Quartet outputs hard L/R. I eliminated this as a possible issue by hooking up my guitar and a ping pong stereo delay using the loop on the 11R and it worked fine. However if I connect the delay to the line inputs it comes out in mono.

I am hoping this is just a duh moment and it is possible...

Dale
Old 06-04-2017, 12:57 AM

Default Line input L&R Issue

You are trying to get the Line inputs on the Eleven Rack playing out its Main Outputs? Along with guitar rig outputs? ... You cannot do that, the Eleven Rack has no internal mixer, all you can do when it is stand alone to get the line inputs to the outputs is select the rig input to be line in. But then you lose guitar in processing and you likely don't want the synth going through the guitar rig.

When the Eleven Rack is used with Pro Tools as an interface, it is Pro Tools that provides the mixer to get the line inputs to the outputs.

The other option is to create an aggregate IO device in OS X. But that is likely not very stable.

If you need another analog input on the Apogee and you are burning one of them from the Eleven Rack, but unfortunately/stupidly the Apogee Quarter does not supports S/PDIF on its optical input. Which leaves about the only easy/reliable expansion options of getting an external ADAT preamp and connecting the synth to that.

Or just go all MIDI on the synth and handle it with a VI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk