Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)

Old 01-17-2008, 09:15 AM

Default Delta drivers, before and after Protools...

I have owned a Delta 44 card since before Digi acquired M-audio and have been extremely happy with the clean sound, compatibility, and low latency for all kinds of audio apps, including Windows sound card.

I recently put away my "legacy" Digi001 card so I could upgrade to the newest version of Protools. I Read the Fine Manual and I was instructed to install the newest drivers for my Delta 44 card. When I did so, I noticed something very important is missing from the interface: the "Variable Signal Levels" for inputs and outputs. I have tried several newer versions of the drivers, and some versions have the same old interface I am comfortable with, but the volume sliders seem to be broken. I am tempted to go back to the drivers I was using before, I think they are from 2005.

Has anyone else had this experience, and can someone recommend the best drivers for the Delta 44?