Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11

Old 10-30-2017, 04:33 PM

Default Nonsense

Tormented by 11 First losing my files and renaming my files......having to login online just to get to my files.

....but the features.....

So, download the 30 day trial, maybe it's just a fluke on the "free" software.

But it's not really a free trial is it? More like pony up $50 to buy some stupid dongle to login.

.....great business model....pi$$ off all your potential customers in the first 10 days of your relationship so they run to another platform.

Last edited by toddincharlotte; 10-30-2017 at 07:54 PM.
Old 10-30-2017, 07:53 PM

Default Re: Nonsense

I would rather limp around with Adobe Audition [Cool Edit Pro] 3.0 that isn't even supported anymore than try to toy with this garbage. Amazing to me that a 30-day trial period costs $50. By principle alone I'm uninstalling.
Old 10-30-2017, 09:03 PM

You are downloading a trial of several year old software why? The current Pro Tools version is 12.8 not 11.x. Avid should not even have this stuff online anymore. Is 11 even supported on what OS you are running?

If you are evaluating Pro Tools for serious use, pay for a one month subscription for Pro Tools 12. If it is worth the cost of your time it's worth the small cost of a one month rental.

Are you on a supported configuration? Are you following the install documentation... you have to do that, including systems optimization instructions.

If you want help here from other Pro Tools users start at the "Help us Help You" link up the top of Every DUC page and provide the detailed information asked for there. Including a Sandra report if on a PC.

If you want support from Avid once you have a subscription, open a support ASC. details on the Avid support site.

Many problems with new Pro Tools users are users failing to follow documentation.

If you just want to whine, it will make no difference, you are wasting your time here.
Old 10-30-2017, 10:58 PM

He is complaining about the need for an Ilok2 key in order to try any PT version except PTF .. i think ... it's uncoherent ramble and i can't decifer what he wanna say.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————