Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-22-2016, 07:42 AM

Default Re: PT 12.6 Video Error

Quote:
Originally Posted by The golfer View Post
Good news,

The black magic intensity pro seems to work pretty well in small sessions once you hit the G spot (go back to driver BM 10.4.3) but I still have errors in large sessions.

It seems like the last supported driver for the Aja kona 3 was released a year ago, I wonder if the latest driver 12.5 which does not support the Aja Kona 3 still works...
BM driver 10.6.8 is the only usable driver I have found. Lots of errors with 10.4.3 for me. AVE didn't like that driver at all. this is with PT 12.5 and up.
Custom Build CPU, HDX 1, Omni, 192 I/O Digital
S6 M10 24 fader
Satellite Mac Pro, HDNative, 192 I/0
Black Magic HD Extreme
Old 12-22-2016, 09:32 AM

You can get a Kona LHi for about $100.00 on Ebay.
That's still supported and accepts sync etc.
Old 01-18-2017, 02:21 PM

I didn't test it for very long but the Kona 3+ black magic design micro converter combo seems to work very well. I should have get rid of my black magic a long time ago. Well... Time to look into the future.
http://immersivesoundvr.com/
Old 02-10-2017, 06:15 PM

Well the future wasn't that good. I still have a whole bunch of video errors. Activating deactivating the video engine doesn't work anymore. Only restart!

The video starts acting weird when you do quick editing and play back back and forth on medium size sessions. The black magic hardware isn't the problem.

I really don't trust Avid anymore. They should have fix this video problem a longing time ago. This is not acceptable! We updated only 2 HD Pro-Tools to PT 12 and we have 5 more systems to go but it is not going to happen.

A frustrated Pro-Tools owner.
http://immersivesoundvr.com/
Old 02-11-2017, 01:15 AM

I could answer in one of many AVE threads here (solving AVE issues should indeed be THE number one priority at Avid for Sound post), but since this is one of the last, some little updates.

Wednesday I've been to ISE Amsterdam and had little chats about this at Avid and Blackmagic. Both are to blame I think.
Over the last few months we have been migrating 2 of our TDM systems to HDX and one new install of HDX, all on 2010 MacPro computers (the last serious mac
I've been reporting here on DUC in various threads about PT11, 12, BM and AVE.
It's been hit and miss (mostly miss with video in PT12).
Again the best running system is an earlier HDX2 we are running with PT11.3.1 on Mac OS 10.8.5 and BM9.9.3 drivers, but since the last 3 need to be PT12 on Sierra for various reasons, it's not been a happy marriage between PT and BM.
The best solution so far is using the separate Video Slave program.
PT12.7 seems to be running best with the latest BM10.8.4 driver for stability of the software, BUT NOT for stability of sync.
Now this week I was doing QC of an Auro-3D mix where I wanted to run the PT session through our home theater via HDMI. Turns out that all BM drivers past 10.4.3 I tested, don't send audio over HDMI... I've lost a couple of hours again going through driver installers and flashing an Intensity Pro 4K card to troubleshoot this. So this is a BM problem, not an Avid one.

It's is never just working, but always a struggle using BM and PT together. Since Video Slave runs just fine, it can't be that hard to write good code for it. Of course Avid needs to maintain compatibility between PT and MC with the AVE now, but I read similar problems on MC forums...

gt
Old 03-03-2017, 09:11 AM

Anybody tried bm desktop video 10.8.5 yet?
I run one PT 12.6.1 HDX, BM Intensity Extreme on El Capitan 10.11, BM Desktop Video 10.6.7, having sync drift. 10.8 Versions so far don't work (no Video Playback.
Another PT 12.6.1 HDX, BM Intensity Extreme on Yoesemite, using Desktop Video 10.4.3, as mentioned in several posts. No sync Drift, AVE is stable.
Downgrading OS to Yosemity in Order to run 10.4.3 would be a big project for me
Thanks for letting me know.
Old 03-22-2017, 01:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mecderue View Post
Anybody tried bm desktop video 10.8.5 yet?
Yes,

no luck. sync drift was at least as bad at with 10.8.4.
Different amount of frames of on every playback, totally random. Reverted to 10.4.3, after which I ran into horrible AVE crashes every 30-40 minutes, forcing me to fully reboot Windows. However, yesterday I disabled my second monitor (as suggested in another thread) and I've been running smooth for several hours without any crash or severe issues.
Old 03-23-2017, 08:31 AM

Hi everyone, i have PT 12.7.1 with the video engine error.
Can someone send me the 12.4 Avid video engine file to replace into the 12.7.1 framework folder?

Thank you for your help
Ciao

Roberto
Old 08-06-2017, 11:16 PM

Same here. Black Magic Intensity Pro 4k will only work on my PT11 & 12 with Desktop Video Utility Version 10.6.4. Anything later doesn't work at all. You can find the older instal on the BM site.
Old 09-05-2017, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Pettifer View Post
Same here. Black Magic Intensity Pro 4k will only work on my PT11 & 12 with Desktop Video Utility Version 10.6.4. Anything later doesn't work at all. You can find the older instal on the BM site.
Hi Mate,
I'm assuming that you're running MAC? The lucky number BMD driver for me is 10.6.8 - Give that a whirl and let me know how you get on?