Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2013, 07:30 PM

Default PTHD 10.3.7 coinstall download won't launch

So I installed the PTHD 11.0.2/10.3.7 PTHD 11 launches seems to be working ok.

But when I try to launch 10 it starts but then as it starts going through the plugin it stops and wants me to authorize Smack and Tape Saturation but it gives me the "Authorize" or "Quit" but when I hit authorize it says the they can't be found on the ilok and whI hit "Quit" PT unexpectedly quits

#1 I can't seem to find out if these are in fact part of the bundled download but I don't thinks so where did they come from ?

#2 I went into the PT 10 library and removed the smack and tape sat but it still come up on launch

Any thoughts ? Thanks Kevin

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...
Old 10-02-2013, 09:46 PM

Default Re: PTHD 10.3.7 coinstall download won't launch

It sounds like you have installed the producer pack and have not paid for a license, an understandable mistake. Remove these from you plugins folder to avoid this message. Go to Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Digidesign and drag any offending plugins into the unused folder
Old 10-03-2013, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmitchell View Post
It sounds like you have installed the producer pack and have not paid for a license, an understandable mistake. Remove these from you plugins folder to avoid this message. Go to Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Digidesign and drag any offending plugins into the unused folder
Humm interesting I wonder if that is what Avid put into my account then because I just installed the bundle that was available in my Avid account ?
but in any case thanks, Kevin

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...
Old 10-03-2013, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmitchell View Post
Hey thanks for reply unfortunately that didi not work the still pop up on launch and the same thing happens

The the other problem is of course the bundle groups ate locked so for instance I can't go into my ilok and find the individual plug is for pt

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...
Old 10-03-2013, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Roche View Post
Hey thanks for reply unfortunately that didi not work the still pop up on launch and the same thing happens

The the other problem is of course the bundle groups ate locked so for instance I can't go into my ilok and find the individual plug is for pt
I would go to the preferences folders and delete the PLIST files for Avid and Digidesign (nothing else) and restart. That will let PT scan all the plugins again and it will take a minute or two as it will rescan all your plugins remaining. I would hope that solves your issue with this

Best of Luck
Chris

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 10-04-2013, 07:29 AM

hey thanks guys for the suggestions you were in fact on the right path.

Actually what I did was ( because I just purchased last week) call up the Avid registration support and got a support code number then they transferred my to Tech Support and gotta love it, got a sharp California wiz kid (I'm 63). First he told me there are two PT 10 plugin folders one with AAX plugs and one with RTAS, one where you said to look and one in a folder labeled "Audio" once we deleted Smack and Tape Sat in that one also then it started to launch but this time there was no "Authorize or quit window but it went all the through but got to the AIR plug ins and quit .
We then pulled all the AIR plugs out to my desk top and then drug them back into the folder 4 at time and low and behold it was fixed..

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...
Old 10-07-2013, 02:39 PM

Quote:
AAX plugs and one with RTAS
Haha, I did not think of that! I knew the issue you were describing was simply un registered plugins.