Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video

Old 10-27-2010, 08:45 AM

Default Re: Quicktime jerky 8.0.3

Same Problem here, tried all codecs and resolutions i know - i have two apple cinemas and a LCD TV as Third monitor quicktime, i use two GT120s tried every possible configuration (TV on first or second card, alone or together with a cinema display)

i even see the stuttering with very low resolution, low bitrate codecs...but it happens randomly...and i found out that sync offset and delay compensation do not affect the stuttering in my case.

have this since 8.0.1 no CS ever helped, now im on 8.1 CS 2 and the Problem stills often blames me in front of my clients.

When will this be fixed! This is really really annoying.

cheers
Thomas
Old 10-27-2010, 05:52 PM

Default Re: Quicktime jerky 8.0.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavastic View Post
Same Problem here, tried all codecs and resolutions i know - i have two apple cinemas and a LCD TV as Third monitor quicktime, i use two GT120s tried every possible configuration (TV on first or second card, alone or together with a cinema display)

i even see the stuttering with very low resolution, low bitrate codecs...but it happens randomly...and i found out that sync offset and delay compensation do not affect the stuttering in my case.

have this since 8.0.1 no CS ever helped, now im on 8.1 CS 2 and the Problem stills often blames me in front of my clients.

When will this be fixed! This is really really annoying.

cheers
Thomas
Good to be on a PC in this case, vision is nice and smooth.

Avid might want to get their act together or there could be a mass revolt, Fairlight here we come.