Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-21-2007, 10:04 PM

Default Virtual instrument latency problems!!!!!

Hi,
All I'm trying to do is record a midi track using BFD while listening to the PT click track plug-in!?!?!?!?!?!
How do you eliminate or deal with latency when using the PT click plug-in in conjunction with other instrument plug-ins (BFD)???.....when I try to record a midi BFD track (or any other plug-in instrument) on either a midi or instrument track along with the PT click track, it is out of sync when I play the track back after recording it!....the same method works fine with any of my external midi devices but not with an instrument plug-in!?!?!?!.....what obvious thing am I missing here??? After checking in the manual, I experimented with Midi Offset settings....I set the global midi offset to 5 samples.....I don't know if I got lucky or it was coincidence, but it seemed to solve my problem....but now it's back doing the same thing again....which is nothing!!!....it's still out of sync......
Does anybody record virtual instruments using the PT plug-in click??????

I can't wait for someone to tell me how easy it is to fix the problem!!!!

Thanks,
Scott

Mac OS 10.9
PT 11.1.1
Eleven Rack