Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2012, 09:20 AM

Default MP 9 Recording; Timing Issue..

Hi, this has probably been covered but new to forum and having trouble searching.

I am experiencing big timing issues recording guitar and vocals into session that has multitrack drums already layed down. ( 6 tracks of drums )

I experience no latency while monitoring and recording, but on playback the newly recorded track is way behind the actual drum track ( by way behind I mean in milliseconds actually.. but the timing issue is clearly noticeable and can be seen clearly when zoomed into view audio )

I am recording by having an aux channel as my input, then routing this to a track (all within Pro Tools).. I have always recorded this way and had no issues when i was using my Digi 001 ( recently upgraded to MP 9 )

If I record direct to track there are no issues and the audio is in time.

I have changed H/W buffer to lowest rate.. tried without Delay Compensation and with.. and everything else i can think of..with/with out plugins ect.

It seems there is only an issue when I want to have an aux as input and then route it to track to record, I find this the best setup for adding effect/ compression ect onto track for recording.

what am i missing???? I know i can just record direct to track.. but I want to find out what is happening.

Any help appreciated.

crappy Compaq CQ56 laptop 1 processor
8 Gig Ram
M-audio Fast Track Pro/ MP 9
Old 05-01-2012, 11:47 PM

Default Re: MP 9 Recording; Timing Issue..

Ok

I seem to have solved the issue. By making the Delay Compensation long
but not having it enabled the recording lag has disappeared.

Seems a bit strange ?

anyway issue solved.