Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2016, 01:40 PM

Default Re: 12.6 Not Recognizing HD Native / Avid HD|IO

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyrico View Post
...I just installed 12.6 hd and have surrendered and activated everything but nothing, no hd interfaces (avid 8x8x8) show up...
I see you have the correct license bundle, please make sure you also installed the 12.6 HD Driver. Started a case so a tech should be following up with you soon.
Old 09-30-2016, 02:55 PM

Yes, HD 12.6 driver has been installed. Sorry, left the studio and had to use the other Avid Account. Thanks for your help.
Old 10-05-2016, 06:51 AM
Sine

Hi

Same issue here......after solving the surrender license issue with both avid and Ilok...PT 12.6 fires up fine but HD native playback engine cannot be found ???. I've installed the corredt 12.6 driver, reinstalled PT twice....still no show

opened up a ticket with support....its been 6 days no reply ??????

any help would be appreciated

Marc.
Old 10-05-2016, 11:38 AM

Jeffro started a ticket for me and I had some emails back and forth with "tech" support, but after two days of nothing I had to roll back to a previous time machine backup of my OS to keep working.

They clearly have some serious issues with the rollout of this update and I am staying far away until it looks ok to update.
Old 10-25-2016, 01:54 PM

Any update to this issue? Just getting my new machine up and running but I can't get PT to see my hardware. Mac seems to see it but can't get PT to see it to set up.

Thanks
Alec
Old 10-25-2016, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alecf View Post
Any update to this issue? Just getting my new machine up and running but I can't get PT to see my hardware. Mac seems to see it but can't get PT to see it to set up.

Thanks
Alec
Welcome to the community.

I don't see a Pro Tools HD Perpetual Bundle in your iLok account, but rather just a Pro Tools Perpetual license. To run Pro Tools HD 12.6 software you'll need the HD license bundle as well as a Pro Tools DigiLink I/O license for your HD interfaces. Please see the 12.6 announcement or release KB for more info. Perhaps you have another iLok/account with that license bundle? Will start a support case for you.
Old 10-26-2016, 08:28 AM

got the same issue here plus video engine keeps crashing

osx 10.10.2
HDX1 with Omni
Mac Pro 2013
3.5 gHz 6core
32 gig ram
Old 10-26-2016, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by applegutter View Post
got the same issue here plus video engine keeps crashing...
For 12.6 to recognize an interface on HDX or HD Native, you need the updated Pro Tools HD license bundle and new DigiLink license (see the Authorization section of the Pro Tools 12.6 Release Information KB) as well as the HD Driver.

I don't see Pro Tools HD 12 product (Avid account) or licenses (iLok account) based on your community address. If you own Pro Tools HD 12.6 please start a support case through your Avid account (Access the Support Center) or call using your System ID.
Old 10-26-2016, 10:04 PM

Hello,

I think this is the same problem I'm having. I bought a used HD native card, used HD IO and Omni unit. Downloaded and activated Pro Tools 12.6 with annual upgrade plan(finally got windows 7 to run right), iLok has the Pro Tools HD Perpetual bundle and license. In the Pro Tools application manager it says under licensing Pro Tools not activated. All my stuff is used so I do not have a DigiLink license. Didn't know i needed to ask for one when i brought the HD Native Card.

Thanks
Old 10-26-2016, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIABLO-19 View Post
Hello,

I think this is the same problem I'm having. I bought a used HD native card, used HD IO and Omni unit. Downloaded and activated Pro Tools 12.6 with annual upgrade plan(finally got windows 7 to run right), iLok has the Pro Tools HD Perpetual bundle and license. In the Pro Tools application manager it says under licensing Pro Tools not activated. All my stuff is used so I do not have a DigiLink license. Didn't know i needed to ask for one when i brought the HD Native Card.

Thanks
Ask for? The seller likely damn well knew they were keeping their Pro Tools HD license, they often won't have a separate v. 12 Digilink IO license to sell to you anyhow. You may need to buy a Digilink IO License--may depend on how you acquired HD licenses and if they were on support. Worst case $299 I believe.