Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2015, 11:24 PM

Default Re: PT|HD 12.2 new plugins? where are they?

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.G. Killa View Post
nuts. I hope they come sooner rather than later. I was about to buy the softube amp sims for a session I have coming up.

But since Eleven is now included with my yearly "support and upgrade" plan i figured I could save the money... but not if it isn't out before my session. :-(

Also, does anyone know if these new Avid plugins will be DSP and Native or native only? I didn't see anything on that. I need a DSP amp sim to track scratch guitars why recording drums and bass.
Eleven is not DSP - I use the softube stuff to compose/track through.
http://www.fishertheband.com
Mac Pro (Late 2013) 3.5 GHz 6-core Intel Xeon E5 - 32 GB Ram / 1TB Flash Storage - Avid HD I/O - Latest Mac OS - HDX3 - Latest PT Version.

Last edited by DigiTechSupt; 09-09-2015 at 11:01 AM. Reason: Eleven LE is not, but Eleven is... https://www.avid.com/products/eleven
Old 09-09-2015, 05:02 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 12.2 HD additonal plug-ins

just saw the 'plugin-bundle now available' blog posted to the official Avid Protools Facebook page, still nothing shows up in the application manager update or my account. Anyone on a support plan who already got the bundle added to their account? I mean, it's advertised 'now available' ...?
Old 09-09-2015, 05:35 AM

Nope no sign yet, I believe it's being "rolled out" over a period of time.
Old 09-09-2015, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.G. Killa View Post
nuts. I hope they come sooner rather than later. I was about to buy the softube amp sims for a session I have coming up.

But since Eleven is now included with my yearly "support and upgrade" plan i figured I could save the money... but not if it isn't out before my session. :-(

Also, does anyone know if these new Avid plugins will be DSP and Native or native only? I didn't see anything on that. I need a DSP amp sim to track scratch guitars why recording drums and bass.
They are supposed to be DSP too.
I have Eleven in AAX DSP in my rig.
Old 09-09-2015, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronwasserman View Post
Eleven is not DSP - I use the softube stuff to compose/track through.
I have a DSP version of Eleven working in front of me right now. Maybe you have the native only version?
Old 09-09-2015, 07:10 AM

What's wrong is that anyone who upgraded to 12 last March will need to subscribe again next March. This means anyone who jumped to PT12 at the beginning has not received these new 'benefits' for months and is technically penalized from those of us who waited.

Avid owes the early adopters and at the very least should extend their subscription to December when the rest of us will subscribe. It's the right thing to do.
-HD I/O 8x8x8. -HD Omni -Avid S3

-API 2500 -API 5500 -UA 2-1176 -UA 2-610
-Neve 1073, Chandler LTD-1 -Eventide H8000FW -Lexicon PCM96
-Bricasti M7. -Joe Meek channel.

-Waves Mercury, Flux all, Softube All, Plugin Alliance all, McDSP all, Sonnox All, MH production, Wave Arts,a bunch more
-Moog Voyager XL, Nord Piano, Hartmann Neuron, ARP Axxe, Gibson Les Paul, Mesa Boogie Roadster, Kemper, Taylor T5 and T5-12
Old 09-09-2015, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy_Boy View Post
What's wrong is that anyone who upgraded to 12 last March will need to subscribe again next March. This means anyone who jumped to PT12 at the beginning has not received these new 'benefits' for months and is technically penalized from those of us who waited.

Avid owes the early adopters and at the very least should extend their subscription to December when the rest of us will subscribe. It's the right thing to do.
+100000000000

To add to this: people subscribing now are getting the Eleven plugin for free, while early adopters who subscribed earlier are getting nothing.
Old 09-09-2015, 07:58 AM

Totally agree mine say it expires 9th Feb 2016 !!
Old 09-09-2015, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy_Boy View Post

I agree, and i don't think it's quiet clear of what the current subscribers are getting.

According to this:

http://www.avidblogs.com/new-plug-in...tools-hd-12-2/

With Pro Tools 12.2 there are big changes to the plug-ins that are included, both for standard Pro Tools, including Pro Tools for Education, and Pro Tools | HD. Let’s take a look at who can access these bundles, what’s new, and what’s in the bundles.

Which products include the new plug-in bundles?

The new bonus plug-in bundles are subscription bundles that are active during the duration of one of the following upgrade plans or subscriptions. These new bundles are in addition to the more than 60 perpetual license plug-ins and virtual instruments that are included with Pro Tools – this base set of plug-ins has not changed. The following Pro Tools products include the new plug-in bundles:

Pro Tools – 17 bonus plug-ins

Pro Tools 12 with Annual Upgrade and Support Plan
Pro Tools Annual and Monthly Subscriptions
Pro Tools for Education 12 with Annual Upgrade and Support Plan
Pro Tools for Education Annual and Monthly Subscriptions
Pro Tools 11 with the new Annual Plug-in and Support Plan
Pro Tools | HD – 25 bonus plug-ins

Pro Tools | HD with Annual Upgrade and Support Plan
The new bonus plug-in bundles will be automatically added to your Avid Master Account and Application Manager, if you qualify, where you will be able to download and install them from the date when 12.2 becomes available.

-----------------------

So it looks like as long you are on 12 with a subscription or upgrade/support plan you'll get the new set of Eleven stomp boxes and Space.

On the other hand you'll be stuck using Eleven Free with the new effects because you get Eleven (full version) only if:

Eleven is part of a promotion running until Sept 30th 2015purchase a Pro Tools 12 annual upgrade plan, annual subscription or a perpetual license and get Eleven free. Eleven is also part of the new Pro Tools | HD bonus plug-in package.

Since I am an Annual Subscriber I was expecting to see the new bundle in my account today...but it's not there, so I'm starting to wonder if I'm just never gonna see it or if they are just rolling it out slowly.
Old 09-09-2015, 11:20 AM

Not trying to highjack this thread but...

Im selling my Eleven Rack (psychical unit) for $300. Im a loooooooong time eleven user and have always found that the box always sounded better than the plugin. What iv always found strange though is that avid never gave us the full eleven plugin with the actual eleven rack unit. Would have been nice if i could of left my rig at the jam room and was still able to use the full eleven plugin at my studio for scratch tracks, and then re-amped through the eleven when i brought it back, o well.

Looks like avid is still trying to "lock down" the full eleven plugin.