Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2014, 05:30 PM

Default 3.1.1 update issues still

Okay so the recent update (3.1.1 , auto run disabler) and Waves changing their format has created some issues for me. At work we updated our desks due to the "virus" issues that were going around. After doing the install and reloading both McDSP plugins and the updated iLok drivers Waves seems to get lost....
Now I've done a few festival gigs this summer and had issues with either SC48's and Profiles. The sound companies claim that their desks are up to date. Wrong. The ones that are are at 3.0.0 are fine until I do the iLok update. So then I have to try and reinstall Waves V9. It gets up to 167 out of 186 of the bundle (I think) and the desk freezes. Then a Windows screen pops up with a Photo and Music folder. I have no idea what this is about. From there I say screw it with the Waves which is a bummer since I paid good $ for them. 3.1.1 has its glitches as well where Waves needs to be reinstalled a few times before it works properly.
Is there something I am doing wrong here? Is it a 3.0 issue? Has anyone else seen this before?
Old 07-22-2014, 02:28 PM

Default Re: 3.1.1 update issues still

Hi, how are you installing Waves? From win desktop or Venue? You should be installing dedicated Venue installer from waves. I continously switch Waves V8 and V9 on my Profile without problems... I do it by disabling / enabling them on Venue. And I sometimes update the V9 to be current.
Old 07-23-2014, 03:17 AM

Hi

I use 3.1.1 on the sc48 since the first day +waves9 +mcdsp +sonnox (which all require the new ilok driver, but waves9) and never experienced any of the described errors.

but i have to say i did a clean installation of 3.0.0, then updated to, 3.1.1 and after this i installed waves, mcdsp, sonnox,... works fine for me.
Old 07-26-2014, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristo Kotkas View Post
Hi, how are you installing Waves? From win desktop or Venue? You should be installing dedicated Venue installer from waves. I continously switch Waves V8 and V9 on my Profile without problems... I do it by disabling / enabling them on Venue. And I sometimes update the V9 to be current.
Well, the last gig I did the fest and an SC48. I checked the version of the console, 3.0. It had WAVES V9 in it. I installed McDSP UC6030 and the iLok driver update in order for it to run. When I did that McDSP was accessible (I could use the Plug In) but WAVES was not available. I tried Disable and Enable Waves and nothing. Then I did the instal in Venue/ Config mode. After a few minutes it just stopped loading and the console froze up.
The copy of WAVES I have is current and same with the iLok drivers. It's just odd that this is the 3rd time this has happened to me on three different consoles.
Old 07-26-2014, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirteen01 View Post
Well, the last gig I did the fest and an SC48. I checked the version of the console, 3.0. It had WAVES V9 in it. I installed McDSP UC6030 and the iLok driver update in order for it to run. When I did that McDSP was accessible (I could use the Plug In) but WAVES was not available. I tried Disable and Enable Waves and nothing. Then I did the instal in Venue/ Config mode. After a few minutes it just stopped loading and the console froze up.
The copy of WAVES I have is current and same with the iLok drivers. It's just odd that this is the 3rd time this has happened to me on three different consoles.
So the question is - what is common beween these systems? And the answer is your installer, it's most likely broken. Also, you should note that Waves does not use ilok since version 9, so there is no need for ilok driver update for Waves. They do use their own propriety licensing system that uses an USB key as a dongle on Profile's. You do have that USB stick with the licenses, right?
Old 07-26-2014, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristo Kotkas View Post
So the question is - what is common beween these systems? And the answer is your installer, it's most likely broken. Also, you should note that Waves does not use ilok since version 9, so there is no need for ilok driver update for Waves. They do use their own propriety licensing system that uses an USB key as a dongle on Profile's. You do have that USB stick with the licenses, right?
True Waves is now utilizing USB drives for licenses. McDSP on the other hand does use iLok. I've transferred my license to a couple of sticks even after checking them for viruses. Waves mentioned once that WLC doesn't recognize certain Sandisk drives.
As for the installer, I have downloaded it three times now just to see if maybe after the install the files get corrupted after the transfer.
Old 07-28-2014, 02:05 AM

maybe you should check the version of the mcdsp installer... just a guess.. because, a couple of weeks i ran in trouble because of not having the legacy mc2000 installer. i tried downloading it from mcdsps website, but what said "venue installer" turned out to be an S3L AAX only installer. major bummer.. after contacting the support, they updated the installer back to AAX and TDM for venue.

but still that was a major bummer to find out that they forgot to put the TDM's into the zip..