Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 08-13-2003, 10:30 AM

Default DAE 7100, 6012, & 7224 errors all at once

Pro Tools is giving me a lot of trouble lately.

The scenerio is this: I'm tracking something, and when I take a track out of record I get a DAE 7100 error message and about half of my tracks are de-activated. I immediately close the session and reopen it. I then I get a DAE 6012 error message, and when I okay that I get a DAE 7224 error message, and the session isn't loaded. The only way to load the session that I've found is to quit and restart pro tools.

This is my first real project since upgrading to OS X and 6.x so I don't know if this problem is new or not. Answerbase is even more cryptic than usual regarding these DAE errors. I haven't seen any posts on the DUC regarding them.

I'm running OS X 10.2.6 on a Quicksilver 867 with 1 GB RAM, Magma expansion chassis, StorCase hotswap scsi drives, ATTO scsi (from Digi)... I'm using PT 6.1, on an HD4 system. I can provide more detailed information when I get to the studio later today.

Anyone know what these errors are all about?

Mark
Old 08-19-2003, 10:39 AM

Default Re: DAE 7100, 6012, & 7224 errors all at once

I posted this before the new duc went up... still having problems, and in fact they are getting worse.

Also thought I'd mention a few other odd behaviors in hopes that somehow they're all related... First, whenever my computer starts from being totally shut down, the cd drive pops open. Second, I frequently get a attention panel from the finder telling me that "the device plugged into the apple speaker mini jack can not be recognized". The system halts for a long while before this panel is displayed. I heard that this might indicate a problem with the logic board but I haven't been able to confirm that. Third, sometimes I get a panel that's titled "HeaderOfDallasPartialInsert", with a text field that says "StringOfDallasPartialInsert" and a button that says "ButtonOfDallasPartialInsert". It doesn't affect anything, and clicking the button makes it go away. Finally, two times now running Retrospect has totally frozen my system. Frozen to the point where my only option is to force a reboot.

Perhaps this is all related in some bizarre sort of way... Perhaps the logic board on my mac really is screwed. Pehaps a shiny new G5 is in order?
Old 08-19-2003, 12:18 PM
Avid

trombino,

It sounds like the problems you are having may extend beyond Pro Tools. I would try the follwoing and see if the situation improves.

Trash Pro Tools Preferences: Go to Users > “your user name” > Library > Preferences and trash DAE Prefs, DigiSetup.OSX, Pro Tools LE 6.0 prefs, "com.digidesign.protools.plist" and "com.apple.audio.AudioMIDISetup.plist". Then restart the CPU.

Quit Pro Tools and launch Apple's "Disk Utility" application. Select your boot volume, go to First Aid and select "Repair Disk Permisions." Apple recommends doing this any time an OS update or reinstall is done with OS X.

Did you install the ATTO config tool and update the firmware on the ATTO card?

To update the firmware:

http://www.digidesign.com/support/re...es_Read_Me.pdf

Also, make sure all of the volumes are formatted with Disk Utility as HFS+ volumes.

I have also seen 7100 errors related to certain plug-ins you may want to try removing plug-ins to see if a perticular plug-in is causing a problem.

Mike
Old 08-19-2003, 02:38 PM

I've had the same EXACT thing and what I think it is, is opening sessions that were started in OS9 and then opened in OSX or going back and forth between OS's.

The only thing I found that clears up the issue is to SHUT DOWN and start from there. A restart doesn't seem to clear the issue.

Please email if you have any issue gina@blueworldmusic.com

Hope this help.

Gina
Old 08-19-2003, 04:02 PM

I agree that my problems probably extend beyond Pro Tools. I've already done what you suggested, Mike, without any relief:

Quote:
Trash Pro Tools Preferences: Go to Users > “your user name” > Library > Preferences and trash DAE Prefs, DigiSetup.OSX, Pro Tools LE 6.0 prefs, "com.digidesign.protools.plist" and "com.apple.audio.AudioMIDISetup.plist". Then restart the CPU.

Did this several times but it didn't change anything.

Quote:
Quit Pro Tools and launch Apple's "Disk Utility" application. Select your boot volume, go to First Aid and select "Repair Disk Permisions." Apple recommends doing this any time an OS update or reinstall is done with OS X.

Did this as well. Just did it again to be sure.

Quote:
Did you install the ATTO config tool and update the firmware on the ATTO card?

I updated the firmware when I moved to OS X. Your compatibility docs reference firmware 1.66. I have 1.6.6f0. I'm not sure if your decimal point or mine is in the wrong place.

Quote:
Also, make sure all of the volumes are formatted with Disk Utility as HFS+ volumes.

They are. I have four disks and I made sure to reformat all of them before I started this project.

Quote:
I have also seen 7100 errors related to certain plug-ins you may want to try removing plug-ins to see if a perticular plug-in is causing a problem.

Ugh. This I don't want to do. Any hints as to which ones might be the culprit? I have the original HD pack, the Massive Pack 2.0, Waves 4, Autotune, & PitchNTime.

Thanks Mike!

Old 08-20-2003, 03:14 PM

?
Old 08-20-2003, 06:46 PM

It happenes to me about 9 or 10 times a day.... it's driving me nuts.